+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goals

Goals

To get out of this league we need goals. Really encouraged with debut of Gayle last night but he needs help.

Expect that Tammy Abraham of Chelsea will go out on loan again this season. Why are we never linked with the likes of him. I think he would be a great foil for Gayle and I can see us getting plenty of goals as long as we play them both upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    To get out of this league we need goals. Really encouraged with debut of Gayle last night but he needs help.

Expect that Tammy Abraham of Chelsea will go out on loan again this season. Why are we never linked with the likes of him. I think he would be a great foil for Gayle and I can see us getting plenty of goals as long as we play them both upfront.
    Agree, Gayle looked pacy and sharp and should get goals. As you say, he does need support up front. I'm also not convinced with our back line either. However, my biggest concern is our lack of creativity in mid-field, it's non existent. We are desperately in need of creative mid-fielder with an eye for goal.

2 good posts above Abraham is a great shout , & the midfield is my biggest concern , we definitely need legs in midfield ,

Concerns all over the pitch really.

The Man City full back had a bit of a personal mare, that's allowed. Is he a full back?
    Gibbs allowed his winger acres of space. All his fault or was also Barnes being of no help.

The centre midfield is also my major concern. Brunt trying to play like a 'quarter back' (hate that term but you know what I mean)and failing. Livermore being Livermore. We need legs in midfield, creativity and a goal threat.

If someone wants to give us £15m+ for Rodriguez I would bite their hand off. The lad works his socks off but I just don't see him either scoring the 20+ goals we need or as the right partner for Gayle.

And once again why only 1 sub (don't count HRK with minute to go) when we were so obviously second best?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Concerns all over the pitch really.

The Man City full back had a bit of a personal mare, that's allowed. Is he a full back?
    Gibbs allowed his winger acres of space. All his fault or was also Barnes being of no help.

The centre midfield is also my major concern. Brunt trying to play like a 'quarter back' (hate that term but you know what I mean)and failing. Livermore being Livermore. We need legs in midfield, creativity and a goal threat.

If someone wants to give us £15m+ for Rodriguez I would bite their hand off. The lad works his socks off but I just don't see him either scoring the 20+ goals we need or as the right partner for Gayle.

And once again why only 1 sub (don't count HRK with minute to go) when we were so obviously second best?
    Good post 3 pens & bang on a lot of work to be done the team needs a good foundation & time to bed in & gel time in my opinion we ain't got ,

Gayle could have bagged a brace last night. Looked sharp, might be worth pairing him up with phillips if we don't get anyone else.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)