+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest set of liars...

Biggest set of liars...

...in football. Hierarchy pre season saying how this season we were going to get a competitive budget for this season, thought to be £15/20 m. Then we sell our biggest asset for £12 m. Now two game in we are told we don't have a pot to p..s in. When will we ever learn not to believe the charlatans that run this club.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    ...in football. Hierarchy pre season saying how this season we were going to get a competitive budget for this season, thought to be £15/20 m. Then we sell our biggest asset for £12 m. Now two game in we are told we don't have a pot to p..s in. When will we ever learn not to believe the charlatans that run this club.
    No-one said it was £15-20m, forum speculation. We sold a kid earning a modest wage for £12m which we get in bits, we buy two players, one a record fee (although we probably aren't paying that out in one go either) and loan in two more, all on decent wages. Now we're not going to buy in any more and its down to loans.

Lifes simpler when you hear what you want to.

It's been Wilder talking about bids, permanents, loans, offers still on the table etc.

Has he suddenly been told there is no money?

And who thought the Brooks money wouldn't be swallowed up by losses and running the club? You didn't? Really? Jesus.

i never believed it was a mid table championship budget more like 5m and probably 5m of the brooks transfer dont forger as bournemouth will do paying brooks money we will have done same with egans transfer plus even if it is 10m that figure will have to include salaries imo it will only be loans from now on and maybe a bit of cash put aside for the jtw in case we want to buy any of these loans

Doesn't matter what forum speculation is, Wilder was promised an increased budget
    10 low earners have gone out and 5 low earners have come in

A big money player has been sold
    An average money player has been brought in

Not forum speculation 4 days ago wilder we have 4 bids on the table 2 for permanent and 2 loans,yesterday nothing will be happening permanent ! So they've had them turned down or found out that they want paying to play for us,it does sound like we've been spun a yarn I actually started to believe it what with twirlos insights which I believe were posted in good faith,tomorrow will be spent watching the cricket and not ssn waiting for news if owt happens it will be a bonus but I'm not expecting owt

£15-20m was forum speculation.

It will inevitably become the central theme of a statement read out by McCabe in the steps of Bramall Lane (I remember it clearly. He had a big hat on...), in which he reiterated his previous statement that we would match Liverpools funding pound for pound*

*Funny how things on the internet get accepted as fact when they are no such thing. My point being that if the club is to be accused of lying, then the evidence should at least be something that ACTUALLY came from the club.

As for the rest, have you never said what you are going to try and do but it didn't work out, or something you wanted to happen and it didn't? Check back on the video of CW in last summers transfer window when we had deals lined up, and they fell at the last minute. Is it our fault that they didn't come off? Anywhere on the line from, 'Absolutely Not' to 'Defintely Yes'. Were lies told about them? No, of course they weren't. Trying to make that connection is just crass. That's just too many years spent being grumpy cynical owd sods.

He still has some money to spend if you take the bid for Waghorn at face value

What he thinks he doesn't have, are realistic targets he can land. All the players he's fancied, so have the likes of Derby, Boro and other clubs, or wages/fees are way above what we can afford.

He's trying to take us to the next level. Unfortunately, he hasn't been given the tools to achieve it

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    £15-20m was forum speculation.

It will inevitably become the central theme of a statement read out by McCabe in the steps of Bramall Lane (I remember it clearly. He had a big hat on...), in which he reiterated his previous statement that we would match Liverpools funding pound for pound*

*Funny how things on the internet get accepted as fact when they are no such thing. My point being that if the club is to be accused of lying, then the evidence should at least be something that ACTUALLY came from the club.

As for the rest, have you never said what you are going to try and do but it didn't work out, or something you wanted to happen and it didn't? Check back on the video of CW in last summers transfer window when we had deals lined up, and they fell at the last minute. Is it our fault that they didn't come off? Anywhere on the line from, 'Absolutely Not' to 'Defintely Yes'. Were lies told about them? No, of course they weren't. Trying to make that connection is just crass. That's just too many years spent being grumpy cynical owd sods.

Believe Twirlo said 10 million was the budget and that came from the horses mouth. When we sold Brooks, Wilder himself said he was getting a chunk of that, so 15 mill is not forum speculation, its what the manager himself said. We have paid for one player, loan fees for two and two on free transfers. Not spent that much so far.

I always thought that Free transfer are never free.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast