+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biggest set of liars...

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Its going to be a long day hitting the refresh button and we all know the outcome is. I really hope i am proved wrong and i will gladly eat a large slice of humble pie.
    I'l be listenin to Test Match special from 11,then at the intervals will have have a look but i don't expect much in way of incomings,expect nowt and if owt happens it's a bonus,dint Ronaldo say summat like that awhile ago?He's a very wise man is Ronaldo.UTCB

if freeman is available for 4m we should make every effort to get him in surely we can match blackburn on wages and if we cant its time to call it a day im afraid and go back to trying to get the best league 1 and 2 players and then just try and stay in the championship every season

Fully agree with this SOB we have missed out on the 2nd choice after freeman as Nolan went to Ipswich yesterday if we can't get the experienced champ players then move for the best of the rest as we are now we are goin to end up with neither and we can all see the squad needs improving in certain areas,yes I know we can bring loans in but I'm sure we said we dint want a team of loanees a few yrs back and we will probably hit the same wages problem that we're hitting now

Did the butler do it?

thing is bulmer if weve missed out on nolan does this mean weve still a chance of landing freeman to be honest if we were prepared to pay 5m on waghorn i would pay the same amount for freeman great age and would be a great addition to the squad ps heard a rumour that sharpy and duffy not entirely happy mind its no wonder they both should be in the starting 11 imo

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    if freeman is available for 4m we should make every effort to get him in surely we can match blackburn on wages and if we cant its time to call it a day im afraid and go back to trying to get the best league 1 and 2 players and then just try and stay in the championship every season
    I know you don't really believe that but, strangely, I do. Other than slow build is financial suicide. Unless you have Prem money or fools in charge with a large fortunes then a mid table finish is reasonable.

Do we think that Egan is going to prove his worth this season, for that money? Might take a while as I believe we have overspent.

UTB

i think egan will be ok but i think he would be better playing in a back 4 time to change our set up for me were being read by teams too easily now with the 3 5 2 system

Egan will be ok, we know thst he’s a decent player at this level, it’s not like he’s appeared out of nowhere, and he’s the right age. People were writing off Stearman this time last season after the Cardiff game, but he settled into a decent enough CB

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Maybe the money is being saved to pay the solicitors ?. This Liverpool type investment has turned into Tranmere type investment (its close to Liverpool but its not Liverpool). We are stuck between a rock and a hard place with these 2 clowns in charge.
    I'd rather just the one idiot in charge.

do you know gray with enda not having the best of times i think it might be an idea to try joc at left back and egan and stearman as centre backs in a flat back 4 bit left field but i think it might just make us a bit more solid defensivly and give us more chance to get duffy and woodburn in the team

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast