+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A positivel!

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I agree wi you Gray, Tufty was gerrin plenty of stick on forums,some sayin he was out of his depth,but then he became one of our own and in my view he stays one of our own. UTCB
    I agree he has made some errors in team selection and he needs to know when to go to Plan B and change the system. However it is not time to go all Blackwell and start asking for his head after 2 games.

The 2 owners are the villains of the peace. What is said and what is done by those 2 clowns are completely different. They are both liars of the highest order and there credibility as businessmen should have taken a huge hit.

A lot on forums are like golfers. Members are always pulling greenkeepers up for the state of the course. 500 greenkeepers at our club! Likewise there are hundreds of would be football managers on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    A lot on forums are like golfers. Members are always pulling greenkeepers up for the state of the course. 500 greenkeepers at our club! Likewise there are hundreds of would be football managers on forums.
    Where does this idea come from that only fellow professionals can offer criticism, or offer an opinion? It's ridiculous. I can only assume that people who promulgate this idea never criticise anything outside of their own professional sphere.

Well last night worried me basically cos of the lack of everything. I was happy when we got this keeper and I'm sure he will come good but if blackman had been in goal last night they don't score either if those 1st 2 goals as he comes out and collects. As has been said it's early days against 2 sides who will be up there it's just the lack of doing the basics that's a concern

Its the level of expertise that people give themselves CD. I'm sure that CW knows many more times what anyone on forums knows about successfully managing a team, and (as much as people will baulk at the idea), Kev McCabe knows many times more about successfully running a club.

Amateurs can see the outcome, but don't always appreciate the effort, knowledge and subtleties of how the outcome came about, and the complexities therein. We know we've had a bad outcome last night, and we can all criticise it, just as we will all have an opinion about what caused it, and how we put it right, and that's fine.

Of course, its human nature, and peoples expectations are that it will always be a good outcome whether its restaurants, hotels, or football clubs. We will always know how stuff should be done, all without knowing the first thing about how to do it, or having to take the responsibility of actually making it work in real life. Inevitably, there are always people who go beyond having an opinion and develop an unshakable belief that they are right, often with very little foundation....

Correct Father!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Its the level of expertise that people give themselves CD. I'm sure that CW knows many more times what anyone on forums knows about successfully managing a team, and (as much as people will baulk at the idea), Kev McCabe knows many times more about successfully running a club.

Amateurs can see the outcome, but don't always appreciate the effort, knowledge and subtleties of how the outcome came about, and the complexities therein. We know we've had a bad outcome last night, and we can all criticise it, just as we will all have an opinion about what caused it, and how we put it right, and that's fine.

Of course, its human nature, and peoples expectations are that it will always be a good outcome whether its restaurants, hotels, or football clubs. We will always know how stuff should be done, all without knowing the first thing about how to do it, or having to take the responsibility of actually making it work in real life. Inevitably, there are always people who go beyond having an opinion and develop an unshakable belief that they are right, often with very little foundation....
    Beautifully put FKB........Bang on the money.

Forums are the place for opinions, what else would they be there for. But as forposters implementing their beliefs, well it's pure guess work, based on not a lot else, as much as that may pain us all....'We all know better', should be a forums motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Where does this idea come from that only fellow professionals can offer criticism, or offer an opinion? It's ridiculous. I can only assume that people who promulgate this idea never criticise anything outside of their own professional sphere.
    You assume right!

Good words of wisdom FKB. Now, cast your mind over the fear of bad luck in proportion to the mockery of our friends in S6.
    That's my personal irrational thoughts on the any comments on here about Wendy.
    I live in fear of it I tell you!!

Spot on FKB I'm as certain as I can be that I couldn't do better than chris is doing

However I feel certain I could have done at least as well as some we've had recently

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast