+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A positivel!

A positivel!

We’ve had crap starts to the last two seasons and were around the bottom of the table after the first 3 or 4 games.

We ended up having outstanding and good seasons respectively.

Oh, and some fan’s thought it was Wilder that couldn’t hack it on both occasions.

Dunt tek much for some to turn does it?

weve all been critical after these 2 games gray but lets not forget weve played 2 teams who will be challenging for a top 6 spot would just like chris to play to our strenghths and not worry or give too much respect to the other team

Middlesborough were not much better than us - just better prepared, with a better attitude.....and although their forwards were better than ours, they had no stand out players.

That's why Woodburn and Duffy stood out when they appeared.

Surely its not beyond us to get up to their level??

Swansea were no great shakes till we got in front.

I have no idea why the happy clappers insist on this idea that people were lambasting Wilder at the beginning of the last two seasons. This simply wasn’t the case. He has had tremendous praise since appointed. Nearly everyone I know was 100% behind Wilder. He is just getting called out now on his absolutely dreadful team selection and tactics that have rooted us to the bottom of the league in these opening 2 games, and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    We’ve had crap starts to the last two seasons and were around the bottom of the table after the first 3 or 4 games.

We ended up having outstanding and good seasons respectively.

Oh, and some fan’s thought it was Wilder that couldn’t hack it on both occasions.

Dunt tek much for some to turn does it?
    Completely agree. The reaction after 2 games is quite surprising. I think sometimes we allow ourselves to get carried away in pre-season and expect too much.

1. Get beat by a side that's just dropped out the PL
    2. Get beat by a team with one of the biggest budgets in the league

Yes, the performances have been sh!te, but we need to give it some time. Couple of wins and we'll be back where we should be ... which is around mid-table.

I'm gutted by how the first two games have turned out. Last night was far worse than Saturday. Thought we were a bit unlucky to get unpicked on Saturday. Last night we got shown up by our professional footballers not doing basic stuff (marking, kicking, heading) that they've been doing since they were in the U12's. We did pretty much all say that CW and AK were going to have to get smarter this season, and there's no sign of that yet.

But there's a long way to go, we are a better squad than we were, a couple of handy loans and Paul Coutts and we'll all be wondering what we were getting worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I'm gutted by how the first two games have turned out. Last night was far worse than Saturday. Thought we were a bit unlucky to get unpicked on Saturday. Last night we got shown up by our professional footballers not doing basic stuff (marking, kicking, heading) that they've been doing since they were in the U12's. We did pretty much all say that CW and AK were going to have to get smarter this season, and there's no sign of that yet.

But there's a long way to go, we are a better squad than we were, a couple of handy loans and Paul Coutts and we'll all be wondering what we were getting worried about.
    Agree but we are poor upfront. That needs some urgent attention.

Quote Originally Posted by RealisticBlade View Post
    I have no idea why the happy clappers insist on this idea that people were lambasting Wilder at the beginning of the last two seasons. This simply wasn’t the case. He has had tremendous praise since appointed. Nearly everyone I know was 100% behind Wilder. He is just getting called out now on his absolutely dreadful team selection and tactics that have rooted us to the bottom of the league in these opening 2 games, and rightly so.
    I don’t know where you were hiding back then but he but some ‘people’ on forums and SM said that he should be sacked to save the season 4 games into 16/17 season and even that he was out of his depth with no plan B last season.

But anyway, my post was simply meant lighten the gloom, if you think I’m a happy clapper, read my other recent posts and think again pal.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I don’t know where you were hiding back then but he but some ‘people’ on forums and SM said that he should be sacked to save the season 4 games into 16/17 season and even that he was out of his depth with no plan B last season.

But anyway, my post was simply meant lighten the gloom, if you think I’m a happy clapper, read my other recent posts and think again pal.
    I agree wi you Gray, Tufty was gerrin plenty of stick on forums,some sayin he was out of his depth,but then he became one of our own and in my view he stays one of our own. UTCB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast