+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A positivel!

I've just rememberd..............Freeman isn't in the team yet.............that's another positive hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Can't argue with that FKB............wise words..........what do you do for a living?
    He’s a football agent.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    He’s a football agent.
    that explains everything

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Its the level of expertise that people give themselves CD. I'm sure that CW knows many more times what anyone on forums knows about successfully managing a team, and (as much as people will baulk at the idea), Kev McCabe knows many times more about successfully running a club.

Amateurs can see the outcome, but don't always appreciate the effort, knowledge and subtleties of how the outcome came about, and the complexities therein. We know we've had a bad outcome last night, and we can all criticise it, just as we will all have an opinion about what caused it, and how we put it right, and that's fine.

Of course, its human nature, and peoples expectations are that it will always be a good outcome whether its restaurants, hotels, or football clubs. We will always know how stuff should be done, all without knowing the first thing about how to do it, or having to take the responsibility of actually making it work in real life. Inevitably, there are always people who go beyond having an opinion and develop an unshakable belief that they are right, often with very little foundation....
    I agree pops,very well put mi owd pal.Basically tho we're all frustrated by our start to the season,it does seem there's less harmony within the squad so far but of course that could be me/us lookin for reasons why we aren't playin well and why we look less agressive in our play.Chris Wilder's one of our own ya know. UTCB

No doubt Rod, and if we don't get at least a point on Satdi, it'll be a bloodbath again. We just don't seem joined up, and its quite worrying when there is so much emphasis put on team spirit and playing for each other. I've seen groups of people come together at work and in clubs and societies and just 'click', and everything is great, but it can all go as suddenly as it arrives if there are a few niggles. CW's going to have to up his game if he wants to earn his salt nah!

I think the cases of people insisting they're right and having an unshakable belief in their own correctness are fairly few. Criticism of the owners, the management and the players doesn't necessarily mean that the critic could do better. I've been to restaurants where the food is terrible. Could I cook it better? Probably not, but that's not my field of expertise, and it's not unreasonable to expect those in charge of any processes, businesses or other endeavours to discharge their responsibilities with skill and consideration.
    Anyone can see that the tactics and team selection against Boro were wrong. The proof was right there on the pitch. Anyone can see that certain players were simply not playing well enough. None of us have to be a manager or a professional footballer to make these observations on a forum dedicated to discussing football.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I think the cases of people insisting they're right and having an unshakable belief in their own correctness are fairly few. Criticism of the owners, the management and the players doesn't necessarily mean that the critic could do better. I've been to restaurants where the food is terrible. Could I cook it better? Probably not, but that's not my field of expertise, and it's not unreasonable to expect those in charge of any processes, businesses or other endeavours to discharge their responsibilities with skill and consideration.
    Anyone can see that the tactics and team selection against Boro were wrong. The proof was right there on the pitch. Anyone can see that certain players were simply not playing well enough. None of us have to be a manager or a professional footballer to make these observations on a forum dedicated to discussing football.
    Tha seems to like goin to restaurants Carpe,careful ya may finish half as "BIG" as me mi owd pal. I don't think anyone's sayin folk shunt offer their views,as ya say that's why we come on forums but some mek it sound so simple to buy this player or that player or play this system or that system.I would assume that Chris and the staff spend alot more time tryin to select the best team/tactics than any of us.For sure tho it aint worked so far mi owd pal.Mebbes it's gerrin to the time when the crates of PERONI come out again? UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 09-08-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Granted, but if we knew all the ins and outs of how it worked we'd probably be employed in the football business, eh? My point is that you don't have to recognise how something works to see whether it's good or not. To give another analogy, the film The Room is generally considered to be terrible by critics and fans alike. Could I make a better feature film? Doubtful. But that doesn't mean I can't look at it and identify it as rubbish.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234