+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should Dawson stay?

It was reported that Dawson was told by Darrel Moore that he could miss the training camp due to his wife having a baby. Then someone changed there mind,don't think it was Darrel.
    Yesterday Ben Foster there was a lot going on behind the scenes ,which he couldn't comment on.
    The Doctor left, proberly over the postponement of the £250k medical room upgrade.

Heaven forbid cost cutting when your income has reduced by 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    You're thinking with your Albion hat on here..

What if you were the best at your job within that company. And you're in demand, could easily go elsewhere and get paid 3 times more than what you're currently earning.

True - but a contract under law should be cast in stone and any loyal employee should honor it - step forward Zoltan Gera!

Where did Dawson come from - Rochdale! Seems a bit of the Berahino greed here in that, he forgets what his present employer did for him!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    True - but a contract under law should be cast in stone and any loyal employee should honor it - step forward Zoltan Gera!

Where did Dawson come from - Rochdale! Seems a bit of the Berahino greed here in that, he forgets what his present employer did for him!
    You got to give it to Gera he only kicked up a fuss and then waited for his contract to end before leaving.

Low wages heavily overworked during the defensive era, I don't blame him for trying to make a better craic. I would definitely not play for a numpty that stands on the touchline shouting "you've got to work"...piss pot club now boys sorry, should be an empty stadium next game.

I hope he now stays...we need him !
    We only know what the media say and, with their inevitable slant on things.
    Are we sure his non appearance at the oversea training camp was financially driven ? Where there domestic issues ?
    The sooner this transfer window and ongoing ‘loan option’ is ended the better.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Something has happened behind the scenes. I don't think Dawson or Foster appreciated the way Gmac or Yacob were treated when they weren't offered a new contract.

I also heard from someone at the club that Dawson was earning 7-8 times less than some top earners who weren't getting in the starting XI last season. Added onto the fact his wage, along with every other player will have halved because of relegation, means he's one of our lowest earners in our starting XI.

He's being offered big cash to move and felt like he hasn't been treated right by the Albion....

To be fair we signed him for £400k and he's never let us down on the pitch. He owes us nothing really.

Like I say, I would offer him a new improved deal, make him captain and build the side around him.
    Agree
    Apparently he was one of the lowest earners in the first team and maybe like others were expected to settle for an even lower wage on relegation. Dawson is as hard as nails and is a great competitor and was the one player I wanted us to keep. I still do.
    He’s not a local lad, WBA is not his boyhood team. Yes he went about getting a transfer the wrong way, maybe his agent advised him who knows. Either way I want him in the heart of our defense.

This is it, he's a bone hard 100 percenter, yes, he could have gone about it differently but our needs as great as his, surely an agreement can be reached for such a quality player.

I know he's had his moody moments, my nipper on his mascot day even fell foul of it! We tried not to hold it against him though

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    This is it, he's a bone hard 100 percenter, yes, he could have gone about it differently but our needs as great as his, surely an agreement can be reached for such a quality player.

I know he's had his moody moments, my nipper on his mascot day even fell foul of it! We tried not to hold it against him though
    That is a disgrace Minn.

I’m embarrassed for him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)