+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A negative

A negative

They are actually having a ‘Wilder Out’ poll on the other main Blades fans forum (admittedly not garnering many votes in favour of ‘out’ so far) but I find the fact they have to have one is unbelievable.

This is Chris Wilder the Blade who got us promoted with over 100 points in his first season.

The same Chris Wilder who took us to the top of the championship last October and led us to a creditable 10th overall.

The one who spotted Fleck and JOC and turned around the careers of Coutts, Freeman and Leon.

The same man who is a spokesman for a Club torn apart behind the scenes. Did I mention that at the fans forum two of the Princes representatives were sitting next to Wilder, Bettis and McCabe. I don’t think I did. We spoke to one of them afterwards. He was very charming, especially to the lady I was with but the Club cannot carry this massive rift for much longer.

The one who dared to pick the team he thought might be best for the first two games even though we all disagreed with him (after all I’m sure he will know more about my chosen profession than I do).

A poll to have Wilder out after two games - it makes Boris look tactful!

Eventually I hope Wilder will prove to be the manager to take us up to the Premiership.

Unfortunately it seems he will only prove that we fans have very short memories!

absolute nonsense !!!

In fairness Silent, it’s all a bit tongue in cheeks, the OP is actually showing his frustration at the negativity after just 2 games.

To put it in perspective to date, 50 want Wilder in and there’s only one vote for Wilder out, and that’s probably Pork there’s been a few whiffs on there of late.

In second place is ‘TlTS out with 25 votes and 3rd ‘Something Something Brexit’ with 4.

Of course if he doesn’t turn it around in the next few games, the usual suspects will spit out their dummies and will turn for real. There’s no middle ground with some, just black and white, I often wonder how they’d react if they or their family were cut such little slack in their workplace. Nobody is beyond criticism but Wilder (and Knill) have done enough to earn our respect and patience, unlike some at the club over the years.