+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8 Signings.... too many??

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    No we didn't sign him in the end
    I still have doubts about him, although he did well last term. Maybe it's in your better interests he didn't come.
    Btw I gather Dowell is available for loan from Everton. I doubt Karanka will take, but it'll be a good signing for you or whoever.
    He kind of drifted away after a fabulous start, and still only 20, can improve and make good on his promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I still have doubts about him, although he did well last term. Maybe it's in your better interests he didn't come.
    Btw I gather Dowell is available for loan from Everton. I doubt Karanka will take, but it'll be a good signing for you or whoever.
    He kind of drifted away after a fabulous start, and still only 20, can improve and make good on his promise.
    I really liked the look of Dowell. Did you guys accept the 5m on offer from Blackburn for Brerton?

Have to say Romanis you should and will be competing this year. I honestly think this looks like being the best and most competitive championship campaign ever.

I sincerely hope we have a better idea about our signings than Oxford United have about their’s.
    The OUFC official site, even after his medical, welcomes Jamie Hanson as a ‘6’3’’ powerhouse midfielder’...more misleading than a Brexit campaign.

I have no idea what Morris is thinking tbh

We've signed 9 players and shifted the grand total of...... 1.... and he's nothing more than u23 bench warmer anyway

How the f*** are we supposed to keep everyone happy?

You'd think they'd have at least asked for bottom rate prices just to get rid

Martin could have easily gone to QPR for example, offer him for 250k and QPR probably would have taken him imo

Butterfingers, Anya, Johnson and Nugent could have all been offered up dirt cheap (if FFP wasn't that big a deal), not to mention Jerome and Forsyth,, Thorne and Forsyth might have been harder to shift because of their injury record, but send them out on loan and run down their contracts that way

Its an absolute cluster f*** this, 7 or 8 players who aren't wanted or needed are still on the books

Just for the avoidance of doubt 'WHO' in your opinion do we need to 'KEEP HAPPY'? Its not a loaded question just an idea of who these players are

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I really liked the look of Dowell. Did you guys accept the 5m on offer from Blackburn for Brerton?

Have to say Romanis you should and will be competing this year. I honestly think this looks like being the best and most competitive championship campaign ever.
    I certainly hope not. Sure he's not yet the finished article and 5m is all profit, but we're not exactly looking a high scoring side. We haven't had a 20 goal striker since 2003! So we do need as much options as possible even the 7-10 goals Brereton might provide over a season. If we sell, we need the rest to buck up or find someone on loan like Fulham did last year. Dowell was actually top scorer last term, can you believe it? And his last goal was in January!

As for your second portion, yes, we'll be competing I think so, but I doubt it'll be a successful endeavour. Not being negative, or scared to make a bold punt.* Just realistic. There several sides as good as us and some who are better. The 3 relegated sides for a start, then Boro, Villa and even yourselves, an experienced team which challenged and reach the play-offs 3x in 5 seasons. It might be hard to go 1 better or even maintain it, but even if you don't it won't be by much.

Competitive it shall surely be. I am a great fan of Senor Bielsa. He's exactly as what Pep Guordiola says he is - a very very manager. Though he's failed at his last 2 ventures and for our sakes, hopes he does so again. Yet when he gets it right, his teams are a joy to watch, penetrating, passing football with high intensity. You'll have your hands full this weekend for sure.

Dark horses this term: The Blades, Brentford and maybe Bristol City or Preston. And I think 1 or the 2 promoted teams: Blackburn or Wigan will also have a very good season. The Latics being the likelier.

* As a fan, I am duty bound to make the same prediction every year for my team. They will win the League, the League Cup and FA Cup. And will maintain this position officially, until of course, it becomes mathematically impossible. (Which usually happens every New Year!)

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I certainly hope not. Sure he's not yet the finished article and 5m is all profit, but we're not exactly looking a high scoring side. We haven't had a 20 goal striker since 2003! So we do need as much options as possible even the 7-10 goals Brereton might provide over a season. If we sell, we need the rest to buck up or find someone on loan like Fulham did last year. Dowell was actually top scorer last term, can you believe it? And his last goal was in January!

As for your second portion, yes, we'll be competing I think so, but I doubt it'll be a successful endeavour. Not being negative, or scared to make a bold punt.* Just realistic. There several sides as good as us and some who are better. The 3 relegated sides for a start, then Boro, Villa and even yourselves, an experienced team which challenged and reach the play-offs 3x in 5 seasons. It might be hard to go 1 better or even maintain it, but even if you don't it won't be by much.

Competitive it shall surely be. I am a great fan of Senor Bielsa. He's exactly as what Pep Guordiola says he is - a very very manager. Though he's failed at his last 2 ventures and for our sakes, hopes he does so again. Yet when he gets it right, his teams are a joy to watch, penetrating, passing football with high intensity. You'll have your hands full this weekend for sure.

Dark horses this term: The Blades, Brentford and maybe Bristol City or Preston. And I think 1 or the 2 promoted teams: Blackburn or Wigan will also have a very good season. The Latics being the likelier.

* As a fan, I am duty bound to make the same prediction every year for my team. They will win the League, the League Cup and FA Cup. And will maintain this position officially, until of course, it becomes mathematically impossible. (Which usually happens every New Year!)
    Dark horse are Swansea. Nobody backing them.

Forest mad for not cashing in on Brereton, 5m was a good offer for a player not really pulling up any trees, and he's not even their first choice now with Grabban there

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I have no idea what Morris is thinking tbh

We've signed 9 players and shifted the grand total of...... 1.... and he's nothing more than u23 bench warmer anyway

How the f*** are we supposed to keep everyone happy?

You'd think they'd have at least asked for bottom rate prices just to get rid

Martin could have easily gone to QPR for example, offer him for 250k and QPR probably would have taken him imo

Butterfingers, Anya, Johnson and Nugent could have all been offered up dirt cheap (if FFP wasn't that big a deal), not to mention Jerome and Forsyth,, Thorne and Forsyth might have been harder to shift because of their injury record, but send them out on loan and run down their contracts that way

Its an absolute cluster f*** this, 7 or 8 players who aren't wanted or needed are still on the books

I am not convinced that Vydra can be defined as a "under 23 bench warmer", nor for that matter Andreas Weimann, who started quite regularly last year? so who is the 1 that you feel stands alone as our exiteer?

That's a surprise!. They have parachute money. Can play footy and worse of all, those difficult trips to the South of Wales. Few teams will come away from that God forsaken place with 3 points.

And they do have some very noteworthy players:

Bony, Fer, Dyer, Ayew, Carroll, Routledge and Olsson who impressed at Russia 2018. Foolish to dismiss this team.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)