+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 8 Signings.... too many??

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Have I misunderstood FFP then? I always thought FFP looked at 3 successive, and rolling, seasons.

How do I think it works? FFP starts and, after 3 seasons, they look at how well you have kept within the parameters.

A year later they look again. This time at years 2, 3 and 4. Another year later at years 3, 4 and 5 etc etc etc

Is it really that they look at years 1 to 3 and then not look again for 3 years and then study years 4 to 6? If so I, and many others, have it wrong.
    Not exactly sure but there is no point allowing clubs a three year parameter if you check them every year

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    With the Huddersfield left back joining us, that makes 8 signings.

How many will be starters do you think?
    Although Vydra’s sale will have funded a few, we must surely be up on net spend with a bunch more salaries to pay.
    Mel has certainly backed FL but where will that leave us FFP wise?
    Certainly looks a lot more exciting a season ahead than I thought was coming up.
    Hope Frank gets the right blend quickly.
    Rob Make that 9 in and 9 out since the end of the season Would imagine at least 6 of incomings will be on half the wage of those who have gone . We should be saving on the wages front We may have take a hit to get another four or five out the door but pretty sure Mel will agree to that just to see the back of them To many have milked this club the last three years

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Not exactly sure but there is no point allowing clubs a three year parameter if you check them every year
    Checking other fora where FFP has been discussed, they all say it's a rolling 3 year period.

So do the EFL. https://www.efl.com/news/2016/decemb...-championship/ QUOTE The £13m limit for the 2015/16 season is in line with the losses permitted under the new regulations which will permit a maximum loss of £39m (compared to an equivalent figure of £105m in the Premier League) over a rolling three season timeframe measured from March 2017. UNQUOTE

FFP came in in season 12/13. That would, in your 3 seasons at a time and wipe the slate clean scenario, mean that 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15 were the first "audited period". The 2nd would be over seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18. The 17/18 figures don't have to be published until January of 2019. The 2nd audit would then take place some time after that if you are right. Clubs have been audited every year and will continue to be audited each year as part of the rolling 3 season approach.

Exits so far since the Fulham playoff defeat.

Baird
    Bent
    Shackell
    Vydra
    Weimann
    Hanson
    Zanzala
    Vernam

That's 8. Blackman to Gijon would be 9.

Any more going such as Butterfield, Forsyth, Jerome, Johnson, Nugent, Pearce would do the financial situation no end of good.

I am of the opinion that Anya, Olsson, Martin and Thorne will not interest other clubs at this time.

I would not be surprised to see either Roos or Mitchell go out on loan with a recall clause. Recall clauses can not be invoked in the first month of a loan period.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Checking other fora where FFP has been discussed, they all say it's a rolling 3 year period.

So do the EFL. https://www.efl.com/news/2016/decemb...-championship/ QUOTE The £13m limit for the 2015/16 season is in line with the losses permitted under the new regulations which will permit a maximum loss of £39m (compared to an equivalent figure of £105m in the Premier League) over a rolling three season timeframe measured from March 2017. UNQUOTE

FFP came in in season 12/13. That would, in your 3 seasons at a time and wipe the slate clean scenario, mean that 12/13, 13/14 and 14/15 were the first "audited period". The 2nd would be over seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18. The 17/18 figures don't have to be published until January of 2019. The 2nd audit would then take place some time after that if you are right. Clubs have been audited every year and will continue to be audited each year as part of the rolling 3 season approach.
    Now this is where we need R4J with his comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and FFP computations.

I tend to believe that the rolling 3 year is the correct interpretation, which means that the length of contract issue as regards the transfer fee is abated a bit. The accounts allow the inclusion of the gain on selling players in the year of sale, but the outgoing transfer fees care amortised over the length of the contract.

So for example we sell Jeff Hendrick for £ 10 million in year one and, since he was in essence home grown, we recognise a £ 10 million profit. We replace him with a £ 10 million player on a 4 year contract and this is amortised £ 2.5 million each of the next 4 years. Thus in year one we are + 7.5 million on what is in essence a capital neutral transaction..... hence looking at things over 3 years makes sense as it removes this anomaly of "instant profit creation"

MA yes your right not hard to see why everybody wants to g get to the Prem it's so overloaded in their favour if and when you get relegated Whith the losses you allowed to make that's not even taking into account the £100 million for finishing bottom of the league plus the four year parachute payments

At the end of last season I among others suggested that we needed a large number of new personnel and a major clear out. Whilst there are still too many players at the club that I would have liked to seen us move on I think we've taken a big step in the right direction.

Lining up with the majority of the previous seasons players who had ultimately fallen short began to have too familiar a look about it. Squad has a nice look about it with plenty of cover in all positions.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    At the end of last season I among others suggested that we needed a large number of new personnel and a major clear out. Whilst there are still too many players at the club that I would have liked to seen us move on I think we've taken a big step in the right direction.

Lining up with the majority of the previous seasons players who had ultimately fallen short began to have too familiar a look about it. Squad has a nice look about it with plenty of cover in all positions.
    Plus we currently have a good half a dozen or more with a guaranteed place in the stands....... either through injury or not being good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    At the end of last season I among others suggested that we needed a large number of new personnel and a
    major clear out. Whilst there are still too many players at the club that I would have liked to seen us move on I think we've taken a big step in the right direction.

Manx your right a clean sweep was needed Just hope fans will be patient this is going to take two years to gel But the pain will be worth it in the end Still a lot to go yet maybe even six or seven Whatever happens most will be out the door next June i think only Martin has a contract till after that

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)