+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Signings.... too many??

8 Signings.... too many??

With the Huddersfield left back joining us, that makes 8 signings.
    How many will be starters do you think?
    Although Vydra’s sale will have funded a few, we must surely be up on net spend with a bunch more salaries to pay.
    Mel has certainly backed FL but where will that leave us FFP wise?
    Certainly looks a lot more exciting a season ahead than I thought was coming up.
    Hope Frank gets the right blend quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    With the Huddersfield left back joining us, that makes 8 signings.
    How many will be starters do you think?
    Although Vydra’s sale will have funded a few, we must surely be up on net spend with a bunch more salaries to pay.
    Mel has certainly backed FL but where will that leave us FFP wise?
    Certainly looks a lot more exciting a season ahead than I thought was coming up.
    Hope Frank gets the right blend quickly.
    24 hours to go yet Rob too.
    There's got to be a fair few going out, at least on loan to make room in the car park.
    Where we stand FFP wise is any ones guess unless you know the full details of all the deals etc.
    Exiting indeed unless you are one of the academy/U23 lads who thought they might get a chance of first team action.

Well said that man

I expect to see a few go out today probably on loan. Looks like FL wanted to do the inward business first which is common sense.

I think Plymouth have been looking at Hanson and expect other peripheral players to go out for first team football.

Some may stay and even play a part but as a collective Hanson, Thomas, Bennett, Bogle, Lowe (I'd keep here) need to be playing games and there is little chance of them making the starting XI given who Frank has brought in.

To that list you can add Martin, Butterfield, Blackman, Forsyth, Olsson, Thorne.

I think/hope Lowe will stay and battle WITH Scott Malone but we don't need 4 left backs.

Anya I would maybe keep for his versatility.

I don't expect ten to go out on loan today but have a sneaky feeling at least 5 will and that today's activity will be spent finding would be suitors.

When was the last time we had a transfer window with so much activity.

Oh and what is the starting XI going to look like once everyone is bedded in?

At Reading only Mount and Wilson were new faces. Within six weeks I expect to see half of the starting XI being recent additions.

Back on the black & white rollercoaster.

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I expect to see a few go out today probably on loan. Looks like FL wanted to do the inward business first which is common sense.

I think Plymouth have been looking at Hanson and expect other peripheral players to go out for first team football.

Some may stay and even play a part but as a collective Hanson, Thomas, Bennett, Bogle, Lowe (I'd keep here) need to be playing games and there is little chance of them making the starting XI given who Frank has brought in.

To that list you can add Martin, Butterfield, Blackman, Forsyth, Olsson, Thorne.

I think/hope Lowe will stay and battle WITH Scott Malone but we don't need 4 left backs.

Anya I would maybe keep for his versatility.

I don't expect ten to go out on loan today but have a sneaky feeling at least 5 will and that today's activity will be spent finding would be suitors.

When was the last time we had a transfer window with so much activity.

Oh and what is the starting XI going to look like once everyone is bedded in?

At Reading only Mount and Wilson were new faces. Within six weeks I expect to see half of the starting XI being recent additions.

Back on the black & white rollercoaster.

COYR
    Anya and Olsson are both long term injury sufferers and will be going nowhere in this window.

Of the rest named I would go along with most. Lowe is 2nd choice LB and I think he will stay. I also think Bennett will be kept as an impact off the bench sub.

Thomas, just signed a new 4 year deal...... he might be a candidate for a loan.

I wouldn't worry if only a couple leave today on loan, that window closes on the 31st of August for EFL clubs. For PL clubs, today is the day both windows shut.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 09-08-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Sounds about right MA

Don’t think it’s too many as long as we manage to ship out a few, Rob.
    Bryson, Hudds, Butterfield, Blackman, Martin, Nugent, Jerome and Pearce are all, I think, in their last nine months of contract so best to get rid asap imo.
    Have heard Anya is U.S. bound as soon as he’s fit again. Strange signing...good, under used player as far as I could tell, but very injury prone.

I like Anya, quick and versatile.

When fit I would always have him in the squad based on the above.

Read elsewhere today that Butterfield was offered a move (no idea if it was loan or sale) and that he refused to go....... Eejit, he'll be spending game time watching from the stands......

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t think it’s too many as lon
    g as we manage to ship out a few, Rob.
    Bryson, Hudds, Butterfield, Blackman, Martin, Nugent, Jerome and Pearce are all, I think, in their last nine months of contract so best to get rid asap imo.
    Have heard Anya is U.S. bound as soon as he’s fit again. Strange signing...good, under used player as far as I could tell, but very injury prone.
    RA I've heard the Anya rumour the trouble with him is his contract pay as you play Fortunately the person who agree that is no longer at the club

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)