+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 8 Signings.... too many??

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Forest mad for not cashing in on Brereton, 5m was a good offer for a player not really pulling up any trees, and he's not even their first choice now with Grabban there
    Yes, but he's a 20 year striker, with every chance of increasing in value. And as I said, we are not really strong up front, even with Grabban. Unless we can get a quality loanee, it'll be foolish to let him go and leave ourselves short.

I have no idea what Morris is thinking tbh

We've signed 9 players and shifted the grand total of...... 1.... and he's nothing more than u23 bench warmer anyway

How the f*** are we supposed to keep everyone happy?

You'd think they'd have at least asked for bottom rate prices just to get rid

Martin could have easily gone to QPR for example, offer him for 250k and QPR probably would have taken him imo

Butterfingers, Anya, Johnson and Nugent could have all been offered up dirt cheap (if FFP wasn't that big a deal), not to mention Jerome and Forsyth,, Thorne and Forsyth might have been harder to shift because of their injury record, but send them out on loan and run down their contracts that way

Its an absolute cluster f*** this, 7 or 8 players who aren't wanted or needed are still on the books

Whilst we are on the subject of cost - in transfer fees at least Vydra probably pays for Waghorn and Marriott, Weimann for FloJo, Wilson, Mount and Tomori are loans. That leaves Evans, Malone and the bloke from S****horpe as net outgoing fees, less whatever we get for Hanson. In FFP terms we can include 100% of the sale of Vydra, but only have to write of the new guys across the period of their contracts, maybe 3 years?

Looking at it on a salary basis, remember we had already lost a chunk off the payroll when releasing Bent etc, although we are back on the hook for Bryson.

Yes it would be great to dump some more salaries, but it isnt exactly an FFS moment yet

I have no idea
    what Morris is thinking tbh

We've signed 9 players and shifted the grand total of...... 1.... and he's nothing more than u23 bench warmer anyway

Martin could have easily gone to QPR for example, offer him for 250k and QPR probably would have taken him imo

Butterfingers, Anya, Johnson and Nugent could have all been offered up dirt cheap (if FFP wasn't that big a deal), not to mention Jerome and Forsyth,, Thorne and Forsyth might have been harder to shift because of their injury record, but send them out on loan and run down their contracts that way

Its an absolute cluster f*** this, 7 or 8 players who aren't wanted or needed are still on the books
    Dcfc don't you ever stop for one minute use your brain and think what why we have not for more out Do you think might possibly be because nobody wants them or can't afford there inflated wages Martin going for £250,000_who is going to by him in his condition Im sure there will be some loaned out before the end of the month

I was talking about Hanson

I'd now do what Forest did in Jnuary and just pay off the likes of Butters,Johnson etc, let them go and just get rid, take any hit FFP wise, because in the long run this season we'd be better off without them imo

Forest might go for Abraham Romanis ?

Fancy Forest to be in the mix this season, already got 75 quid on them to be promoted and if they got someone like Abraham I'd stick a few quid more on them

Grabban is decent but not really one to be relying on for goals, nice build up play though from what I've seen this far

DCFC, what are you on about? At the end of last season we got rid of Bent, Baird and Shackell. That's 3. I presume you mean Hanson when you refer to the "U23 benchwarmer". You seem to have forgotten we sold Weimann for £2.5M and also got £2.5M compensatio from Stoke for Rowett.

Anya - injured. Said to be off to MLS when fit.
    Olsson - long term injury
    Martin - What is the story exactly? Is he ill or injured or both? Nobody would take him at the moment
    Forsyth - Cover for Lowe until we got Malone in so we needed hi amd have had 1 day since Malone arrived. Expect Fozzy to go out on loan between now and the 31st
    Thorne - seems unfit for some reason. Has lost the excess weight but seems to have lost his mobility. Don't see anybody wanting him
    Blackman appears to have had his contract cancelled
    Butterfield had a way out offered but refused to go
    The rest may have thought they had a chance still at DCFC.

Still 3 weeks to the end of the loan window so be patient and complain if we still have the majority of the no-hopers come September 1st.

and if we have, so what? If we have to pay some of the malcontents until the end of their contracts in June, then do so - we cannot avoid it. Send them home to do some gardening or whatever. They can be released free of charge at end of contracts at the end of the season - unless we can discount their contracts by terminating early, may as well keep them around. Someone may get desperate enough to want to buy them in the next window - who knows

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    24 hours to go yet Rob too.
    There's got to be a fair few going out, at least
    on loan to make room in the car park.
    Where we stand FFP wise is any ones guess unless you know the full details of all the deals etc.
    Exiting indeed unless you are one of the academy/U23 lads who thought they might get a chance of first team action.
    Wessom Where we stand on FFP we started afresh on July 1st 2018 our next audit is July 1st 2021 we are allowed to make a loss of £39million in that period That's not to say Mel will want to but that's what the FL will judge us on stop worrying😊

I was talking about Hanson

I'd now do what Forest did in Jnuary and just pay off the likes of Butters,Johnson etc, let them go and just get rid, take any hit FFP wise, because in the long run this season we'd be better off without them imo

Forest might go for Abraham Romanis ?

Fancy Forest to be in the mix this season, already got 75 quid on them to be promoted and if they got someone like Abraham I'd stick a few quid more on them

Grabban is decent but not really one to be relying on for goals, nice build up play though from what I've seen this far
    I thought earlier you posted you had a bet of 200 quid on us at 5-1?

Anyway, I wouldn't advise any bets on us at this early stage of the campaign, and truth be told, not at any stage. Have a punt on us to win certain games, yes, the whole hog? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Wessom Where we stand on FFP we started afresh on July 1st 2018 our next audit is July 1st 2021 we are allowed to make a loss of £39million in that period That's not to say Mel will want to but that's what the FL will judge us on stop worrying��
    Have I misunderstood FFP then? I always thought FFP looked at 3 successive, and rolling, seasons.

How do I think it works? FFP starts and, after 3 seasons, they look at how well you have kept within the parameters.

A year later they look again. This time at years 2, 3 and 4. Another year later at years 3, 4 and 5 etc etc etc

Is it really that they look at years 1 to 3 and then not look again for 3 years and then study years 4 to 6? If so I, and many others, have it wrong.

I have no idea what Morris is thinking tbh

We’ve got at least five big earners off the books, strengthened the squad considerably and we still have over two weeks to loan out the more difficult ones. I believe Butterfield (Hull), Blackman (Sporting Gijon) and Martin (depending on health and fitness) will all be gone on loan very soon. Seems like good business to me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)