+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke Freeman to Blackburn for £4m?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Ha ha, fantastic. And someone on here got slated for suggesting that a lot of Blades were devoid of ambition and happy to stick with mediocrity.
    Carpe, we can't all be wishful thinking foolish followers, some need to be realistic. When I started at BL in 57 we were a second division team of triers.......8 promotions and relegations later we are we I started. I'm not as unhappy as some on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Carpe, we can't all be wishful thinking foolish followers, some need to be realistic. When I started at BL in 57 we were a second division team of triers.......8 promotions and relegations later we are we I started. I'm not as unhappy as some on here.
    If I'd eaten gruel all my life I wouldn't be happy to still eat gruel. I'd fancy trying filet steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Genuine question Chippy. Is that because you’ve always been happy to see United as a second tier side?

If you’d supported another club, say Leicester, Derby or Forest, would you have felt the same or is it just a Sheffield thing?

3 years ago we were desperate to become a second tier side again as ive already said last season was unexpected but its raised our expectations too high far too much panicking going on imo yes were poor just now and our team selections have been a little baffling so far but theres 44 games to go if were still in this position with 10 games to go then we can panic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    If I'd eaten gruel all my life I wouldn't be happy to still eat gruel. I'd fancy trying filet steak.
    Will tha give over wi the food tales Carpe,i'm puttin weight on just readin em.I wanna reach the premier league,sooner the better but ya know what when/if we do then some will moan abart how few Satdi 3pm ko's we have,it's the nature of footy fans to moan,let's be r8 we've all moaned at one time or another abart Footy or more particularly DEM BLADES have we not? It's just that some seem to be happier moanin abart it than others, i mean look at resident Splodger,nowhere to be seen when were wazzin League one or up to Xmas last year,nar we're strugglin he's all over the forum,but i do like Chings,i've never met him but i must confess he does mek me smile. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 09-08-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Genuine question Chippy. Is that because you’ve always been happy to see United as a second tier side?

If you’d supported another club, say Leicester, Derby or Forest, would you have felt the same or is it just a Sheffield thing?
    Gray, I think it just that I'm not a fan that 'demands' more and more. To me, being a Blade is like being part of a family and anyone in a family accepts life at it comes. It would be lovely to had a Leicester moment but I can accept being a Championship team.

Carpe, fillet steam moments, like Hull at Wembley and Arsenal at OldT were good and probably as good as it gets for us.

All the same UTB.

So then did Luke Freeman sign for Blackburn? I aint seen that he has,i wonder if he'll play against us on Satdi?What a strange final day that was yesdi. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    So then did Luke Freeman sign for Blackburn? I aint seen that he has,i wonder if he'll play against us on Satdi?What a strange final day that was yesdi. UTCB
    Boro out a higher bid in that was rejected. I agree about the last day, it was strange and low key with nowhere near as many deals as usual, maybe FFP is starting to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Boro out a higher bid in that was rejected. I agree about the last day, it was strange and low key with nowhere near as many deals as usual, maybe FFP is starting to bite.
    It's because in effect the window hasn't really closed for EFL clubs

It carries on until the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    It's because in effect the window hasn't really closed for EFL clubs

It carries on until the end of the month
    Yes i know the loan window 58,but it was still a weird final day for permanent moves in my view,look at Spurs, Manure etc; nowt doin, The Evans move seemed to come out of nowhere also.Tufty confirmed to Staton today that we made a bid for Luke Freeman before the deadline UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 10-08-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast