+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could this be the best deadline day in years?

Could this be the best deadline day in years?

This could well be the most exciting deadline day in years
    Luke Freeman:bid is down it's now up to them
    Harry chapman:based on bolaise deal
    Maddison:we have activated his release clause but so have west Brom.
    Bauertill legs in this £1.2 million will see him go
    I am genuinely excited about today as I can start to see a team that could provide a play off push next season if not this one.

I want us to get Maddison, Chapman and Freeman. Even just one of those. Harry is our little gem, I'll be happy once he's here

You should have listened to and believed me.. I'm off again now before it gets taken out on me.

We signed Armstrong for an absolute steal.
    We where actually very clever today. We showed we do have a transfer budget, and it is quite large. Now the cretins, who questioned if we had one, can even see that.
    I do think some of these offers today where token offers, to test the water. I liked that we are looking at some very decent players .
    Of course, it's been a quiet day all round. Cretins wouldn't see that.
    We simply won't pay over the odds. If we need to, we will return in January for some targets. Alot of clubs have had their better players taken away?
    We haven't. Not one player has left who which would weaken us. We have secured all out talent, Dack, Lenihan on long term deals.
    Kept Graham who will get between 12-15 goals.

The loan market is where we will do most of our business now. I think we will now get -
    Chapman
    Gallagher
    A CB
    A CM
    And maybe a keeper.

I think it's been a great summer, I'm very happy. And it proves Mowbray is being backed.

Unfortunately some of the fan base have seen this as a PR stunt rather than a financial flex of our muscles
    I don't think it was a stunt as I can't imagine Tony Mowbray would put up with that however it hasn't helped in bringing the stay aways back through the door.

Freeman didn't go anywhere. The bid we made to Forest was not answered. It was too late to go back in with an improved offer to the lad from Columbus. Not many clubs did much business. If one of our bids was accepted they would've come and the fee would be paid. We won't overpay and have Armstrong to show for that. If we need to, we can use that budget in Jan. Until then, the loan market is the way forward

To be honest, apart from the failure to get a striker, I'm not bothered. TM has done pretty well with loans before, but I'm quite happy to give the current players a chance, anyway. After all, you can only have eleven on the pitch. I'm a big fan of Chapman, and I hope he still comes, but I doubt he would be starting.
    Realistically, we know 9 or 10 of the starting XI already - probably ten, if Armstrong is fully fit.
    ...The defence is sound and well-covered.
    ...We have bags of people standing by in midfield.
    ...With Armstrong, Dack and Graham on the pitch, there wouldn't be room for an attacking winger as well as Bennett, anyway.
    ...The last half-hour will give Samuel and/or Nuttall a chance to prove us wrong about them - if they are still ahead of Palmer in the pecking-order, that is.
    As I would be happy with 14th position, in any case, I am not going to get upset because we haven't spent money for the sake of it.
    The spirit and self-belief Mowbray has instilled in this team will take us a long way, and let's give thanks that we have no primadonnas to cater for.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)