+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Years of being Content/frustrated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    very laudable h and it reminds me of myself................spent a lot of money/shed a lot of tears (being female) on the Blades over the years. Lots of lows, a few highs, often feeling very hard done by, but ultimately I still love my club and this will never change.

I laugh at my friends who support bigger clubs.............does it really feel that great knowing that your success has been bought? I am far more interested to talk to the people i know who support Northampton, Bristol Rovers, Barnet etc - that's proper support.

Let's not feel too sorry for ourselves though - what's the point? I felt bloody miserable yesterday - but already the next match is on the horizon and I'll be at QPR on Sat - from 3.00 pm we start again, and the only way is up - literally
    Agreed Aya good points, although personally it wouldn’t have concerned me one iota if it was our name on the Premier League trophy a couple of years ago instead of Leicester.

The problem with Blades like me is that I’m desperate to be proved wrong while I’m still fit and able to get to games. Something that starts to cross your mind when you get to top end of your 60’s. I get no pleasure at all when the club disappoints us even if I predicted that they might. I buy into the euphoria of change for the better, I love the buzz of what might be and will always be there at the match supporting, not moaning, but I’m not going the defend the indefensible when we get kicked again and again.

Our support is unbelievable, in fairness both Sheffield’s clubs is considering the lack of success. The time has come for a our turn in the spotlight and if that means thst it’s been bought to a degree so be it. Stabilising in the top tier anytime soon would be a good start and we can take it from there. UTB

It is the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    It is the hope that kills you.
    It certainly is old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    It certainly is old friend.
    Or the stress induced alcohol & fags

Beer goggles always improve the outlook.

What an amazing and enjoyable post H.

It brought back some happy memories especially Cardiff (Gill Reece) and Watford. I was in the Bramall Lane stand that day for the Watford game too.

My Grandad saw us win the FA Cup.

It's certainly never boring being a Blade but I guess if I was told I could go through it all again but to enjoy the Blades highs I would also need to accept the Blades lows I guess I wouldn't have to think about it for too long.

We always seem to have been a selling Club but then that may be true of all Clubs except the top 3 or 4 premiership sides. At least we have never been insolvent or suffered transfer embargos (yet!).

Anyway it was great post - right from the heart, and I guess at the end of the day none of us would want to cease being a Blade.

'You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'

UTB

I wonder what McCabe thought when we sold Dean and Fjortoft on the same day when lying second in the table back in 98, and the official excuse was ‘WHOOOOPS! Sorry we only meant to sell one of them’?

Was it ‘This an absolute shambles, the bloody imbeciles have totally fecked up our promotion hopes!’ or ‘Hmmm, if the fans buy this bull they’ll buy anything, I think I’ll buy the club’.

excellent post. seem to remember though that the Watney Cup final defeat was against Bristol Rovers not City. sorry if im being picky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12