+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Freeman .....

Freeman .....

....is at Ewood having a medical. It's still a way to go, we would need to up our bid to £5m. Boro have also joined the race. And it's thought he will speak to them at some point this afternoon.

Chapman was here yesterday, he was with Danny Graham near the ground. I still think he will be a loan. And I still think we will go back for Gallagher before the end of the month. That would be a loan aswell.

We have tabled a £5m bid for Ben Brererton from Forest. In all honesty, I don't know what's happening.
    It was pretty clear today, that we had funds available (around £5m).
    I still think we will use the loan market.
    Pity to lose out on Nmache. He simply wasn't going to start and we could not guarantee he would play much. He was probably too raw for what we where looking for? I think this now opens the door for us going back in for Gallagher (on loan)

Ings going to Saints now opens the door for us moving for Gallagher.

Champs, the story that Freeman was having a medical at Ewood cannot have been true, surely! QPR said a downright "NO!"
    I still think it's safer to be sceptical, like me. I've been sucked in so many times over the years, I have learned that the vast majority of rumours have no foundation. And the rise of social media has made things ten times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs, the story that Freeman was having a medical at Ewood cannot have been true, surely! QPR said a downright "NO!"
    I still think it's safer to be sceptical, like me. I've been sucked in so many times over the years, I have learned that the vast majority of rumours have no foundation. And the rise of social media has made things ten times worse.

I was advised he was up here. Whether there was any truth in that, I am unsure.
    Yes, it looks on the face of it, that this lad was going nowhere, and we chanced our luck. Because we did so, Boro then went in for him. Boro then went in with a second offer.
    These offers from us (two from Boro one from us) did happen, as their Chairman was upset about it.
    We did also bid for Brererton but again, this was revoked. I feel we where testing the water. Reluctant to spend all our budget in one go.

I know that Chapman was near the ground on the Wednesday, as he was with Danny Graham. Not sure what that means?

I am still quite optimistic about Chapman coming on loan.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Pulis is keen to see him in first-team action, before making a decision on his future - especially after the injuries.
    One thing, though: was whoever saw Chapman sure it wasn't Davenport? I think they look quite similar.

He's been an unused sub in both matches so far. I do wonder if it will be affected by the fact Boro didn't sign a replacement winger

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)