+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget about signing today Millers

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Perhaps the comments on here will motivate the players to prove you all wrong.
    It's undeniable that there's a correlation between success and the amount of money spent on player's wages.

Perhaps the comments on here will motivate the players to prove you all wrong.
    And perhaps Merlin the magician will wave his wand and we'll all live happily ever after.

Only three teams will be glad they spent loads of dosh,the rest will count the cost and some will live to regret,but it won't stop it happening all over again We will not change because we lack the resources,can we attract the investment,my heart says hope so but my head says no chance,but you never know.

Lessons learnt are not to sign someone just for the sake of it like journeymen,mercenaries or freeloaders.We have in the past and had to suffer the consequences.
    Tony Stewart said lessons had been learned from the mistakes made the last time we were in the Championship and we would be better prepared to compete this time.
    Really? Where's the evidence for that then?

Come on guys, I'm as disappointed as anybody but if we aint the money we aint the money why kid ourselves. We got some bloody good loanees last year so maybe this will allow us to pay above the odds for a couple more bloody good uns. It could be as well that we may be able sign em permo in Jan. It would seem thoughwe will probably not be getting another forward till Jan at least because we only have space for 2 more loanees and we desperately need 2 midfielders. The fact we have Procs coming back means he will be like a new signing anyway. Arguably as well we don't need any more forruds because most of the season we are gonna have to play 4 5 1 and only play 44 2 for certain home games and when we are losing and need to go for it.

If its any consolation to millers fans, I think only Barnsley have signed anybody permo out of the local sides and that includes the illustrious dee dar clubs. Plus Towell aint gone yet to anybody.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-08-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Leedsmiller, excellent post but wait until the bashing brigade read this. I posted a mild open post regarding monetary input and got shot down in flames. Nothing anywhere near as vitriolic as this and I for one salute you.

You’ll be told by some to go and support another team. I totally understand where you are coming from.
    Serious question Brin:

In your own thread you threw a major strop and stated that you would never attack TS .

Yet Leeds' post, which is a major attack on TS, you think is excellent.

What exactly is your position?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Tony Stewart said lessons had been learned from the mistakes made the last time we were in the Championship and we would be better prepared to compete this time.
    Really? Where's the evidence for that then?
    You may be correct,but after one game that's a bit harsh,I will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Come on guys, I'm as disappointed as anybody but if we aint the money we aint the money why kid ourselves. We got some bloody good loanees last year so maybe this will allow us to pay above the odds for a couple more bloody good uns. It could be as well that we may be able sign em permo in Jan. It would seem thoughwe will probably not be getting another forward till Jan at least because we only have space for 2 more loanees and we desperately need 2 midfielders. The fact we have Procs coming back means he will be like a new signing anyway. Arguably as well we don't need any more forruds because most of the season we are gonna have to play 4 5 1 and only play 44 2 for certain home games and when we are losing and need to go for it.

If its any consolation to millers fans, I think only Barnsley have signed anybody permo out of the local sides and that includes the illustrious dee dar clubs. Plus Towell aint gone yet to anybody.
    Fair enough Roly but in what way are we better prepared to compete in the Championship this time as Tony Stewart said we would be?
    Ok we may get a couple of decent loanees in but they're going to have to be miracle workers to even give us a fighting chance.
    I didn't expect us to sign anybody today but I did think we might pay modest fees to sign a few quality players earlier in the transfer window......but we didn't.
    I fear we will be like a Ford Fiesta in a Formula 1 race. I really hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Fair enough Roly but in what way are we better prepared to compete in the Championship this time as Tony Stewart said we would be?
    Ok we may get a couple of decent loanees in but they're going to have to be miracle workers to even give us a fighting chance.
    I didn't expect us to sign anybody today but I did think we might pay modest fees to sign a few quality players earlier in the transfer window......but we didn't.
    I fear we will be like a Ford Fiesta in a Formula 1 race. I really hope I'm wrong.
    You are probably very much right mellow,the challenges this season are going to be immense,we have at least eight players in the current squad who are simply no where near Championship standard,and that is a fact,we also have no idea if the new players are up to that standard also,Warney will be severally tested as well in this division,i think he had about twenty nine games in the division last time,and his record was abysmal,i hope as TS has been telling us,that lessons have been learned,we will wait and see on that one,from all the evidence i have seen,it appears to me very little as been learned,here goes to me wishing another nine months of my life away again,please God i hope i am wrong.

It will be depressing if we turn up at NYS every other week expecting to get tonked but we had Stubbs then for the first part of the last season in this div.I am sure Warne will do better than Stubbs . Whether that is good enough remains to be seen. The Ipswich game will probably tell us a lot about our season cos I cant see them being more than mid table. The simple fact is we have to make ourselves hard to beat. Warnock did it with a crap squad. Why not warney.

A win on Saturday we will be haif way up the league and everything will be rosy again eh?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-08-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast