+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget about signing today Millers

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It will be depressing if we turn up at NYS every other week expecting to get tonked but we had Stubbs then for the first part of the last season in this div.I am sure Warne will do better than Stubbs . Whether that is good enough remains to be seen. The Ipswich game will probably tell us a lot about our season cos I cant see them being more than mid table. The simple fact is we have to make ourselves hard to beat. Warnock did it with a crap squad. Why not warney.
    Some people have said that it isn't a "must win" game on Saturday but I disagree, it absolutely is. We simply have to beat the less fancied teams like Ipswich if we are to have any chance of surviving this season.
    Also we're going to have to win the majority of our home games to stay up so Saturday most definitely is a "must win" game.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It will be depressing if we turn up at NYS every other week expecting to get tonked but we had Stubbs then for the first part of the last season in this div.I am sure Warne will do better than Stubbs . Whether that is good enough remains to be seen. The Ipswich game will probably tell us a lot about our season cos I cant see them being more than mid table. The simple fact is we have to make ourselves hard to beat. Warnock did it with a crap squad. Why not warney.
    Why not indeed roly,but my thoughts go back to that disastrous last season in the Championship,and Burton did the double over us,ok we have a few different players this time around,but to suggest we could beat a mid table side,seems rather optimistic if you ask me,but just maybe Ipswich may be a lower end side,so you never know,we live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Tony Stewart said lessons had been learned from the mistakes made the last time we were in the Championship and we would be better prepared to compete this time.
    Really? Where's the evidence for that then?
    Because we haven't panicked and signed Blackstock, Odemwingie, Wilson, Collins etc etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Because we haven't panicked and signed Blackstock, Odemwingie, Wilson, Collins etc etc ?
    We just haven't signed anybody much, even though we knew that the squad needed strengthening for playing at the next level up
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-08-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Fair enough, I understand that but is our recruitment to date likely to keep us in the Championship? I appreciate we don't know yet but we haven't spent a penny piece on transfer fees so people could be forgiven for thinking our squad isn't going to be strong enough and we are likely to struggle again.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Serious question Brin:

In your own thread you threw a major strop and stated that you would never attack TS .

Yet Leeds' post, which is a major attack on TS, you think is excellent.

What exactly is your position?
    Wrinkly the word 'attack' is too strong pal. Valid points have been raised by LM and yes it does come across strong but let's say in a truthful and frank way of he perceives recruitment has been poorly handled.

I stated, and still do, that I for one will always be eternally grateful for what Tony Stewart has done for this club and the townsfolk. That is not attacking him.

Now for your question: I honestly and firmly believed in what TS had stated in that lessons were learned from our previous times in the Championship and that we will be more fully prepared before the season kicks off. To say I'm currently disappointed is a major understatement.

There's talk of Warne not being prepared to pay over the odds or break the wage structure to bring in a better quality player??? There's TS saying the monies there when it's needed???? Who to believe?

What are the real reasons we have failed to recruit these so called players?

How do I feel at the moment? I've gone from believing all will be well to now being sat on the fence.

Do I hate TS? Never! Trust my reply suffices.

I truly hope all will be fine and we don't need to spend any money to stay in the most challenging league in the world. Doctor!
    Last edited by Brin; 09-08-2018 at 07:15 PM.

What happened to your quiet optimism, Mellow?

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...3#post38954633

It's possible that we are going to have an awful season. On the other hand, it's possible that the signings that have been made coupled with some loanees the players who have been retained from last season to deliver the 14th place you were predicting. It really is too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wrinkly the word 'attack' is too strong pal. Valid points have been raised by LM and yes it does come across strong but let's say in a truthful and frank way of he perceives recruitment has been poorly handled.

I stated, and still do, that I for one will always be eternally grateful for what Tony Stewart has done for this club and the townsfolk. That is not attacking him.

Now for your question: I honestly and firmly believed in what TS had stated in that lessons were learned from our previous times in the Championship and that we will be more fully prepared before the season kicks off. To say I'm currently disappointed is a major understatement.

There's talk of Warne not being prepared to pay over the odds or break the wage structure to bring in a better quality player??? There's TS saying the monies there when it's needed???? Who to believe?

What are the real reasons we have failed to recruit these so called players?

How do I feel at the moment? I've gone from believing all will be well to now being sat on the fence.

Do I hate TS? Never! Trust my reply suffices.

I truly hope all will be fine and we don't need to spend any money to stay in the most challenging league in the world. Doctor!
    What are you saying were Leedsmiller's valid points, Brin?

Very very rarely will you hear me say anything bad about the club but I really feel let down at the moment. If we have failed to get a midfielder in because we were waiting on Richie Towell then we deserve to go down.

Lessons learned about paying big money to players looking for a last pay day or crocked players has been good in my opinion but they have been replaced by the old "putting all your eggs in one basket" mistake that will probably cost us in the long run.

Recruitment at the club seems to be carried out very very amateurish which is surprising considering the experience we are supposed to have at the club.

If we stay up this season then we have to be more professional in recruitment next season.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    What are you saying were Leedsmiller's valid points, Brin?
    Kerr, with respect I will not be drawn into mind games and having to explain myself so I'll point out the obvious that require answering by those in charge at the club.

How can a club attain promotion and not invest to give themselves a fighting chance of staying there?

Has anybody at RUFC ever done a cost/benefit analysis?

Has anybody ever heard of one?

We might have a splendid stadium, for our support levels, and for which TS has our eternal gratitude, but we're League 2 standard when it comes to recruitment, wage structure, ambition, forward planning, player development... Why?

We've come to accept we have no finances, yet two years ago we'd allegedly tabled £million+ bids. What's happened in the interim?

Where has the money gone from Championship revenues, TV, Wembley, Sponsorship, Match days?

Have we really drained, frittered away or legitimately spent all those millions?

But are we a poor relation - or a bankrupt one?

Trust this helps you. Enjoy your evening,

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast