+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Forget about signing today Millers

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Telling porkies again MT?
    JCH can't get in the Coventry squad so perhaps..........😀
    Injured? Leave it Mellow 😡 🙄 😉 😂

Loans situation is not looking good

Latest on loans from rufc twitter

PW on potential loans | "It's difficult. I've still got my dream two I want to bring in. I'm really hopeful at least one will be in the door soon. I think you could see Saturday we needed some help in the middle of the park."

PW on recruitment | "It is a massive jump and I'm really selective. Ideally I want someone who has my mentality in life, really wants to play and wants to improve. All the Championship teams are after the same players, so it's difficult."

A leetle more detail :

Confident of arrival before window shuts
    The club has had their fair share of frustration in the transfer market, but Warne is confident he will have at least one midfielder in before the loan window shuts on August 31. There will be no one arriving before Tuesday’s game.

Warne reluctant to change from key targets
    The boss has two main targets that he wants to bring in and says realistically there are only four players that fit the bill for him. He will wait as long as possible to get player A and B in before moving down the list.

Warne will consider free agents
    If the club cannot get the loan deals over the line before the window shuts, they will consider players who currently are out of contract. Warne says he is open to suggestions.

Looked at English non contract players. This lot dunt inspire me...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spie...=alle&yt0=Show
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-08-2018 at 04:26 PM.

I should add I looked at English non contract players to see who is out there, not saying Warney has!

Whether I can get one in before this weekend, I don’t know, but what is apparent is that there will definitely be one midfielder joining us, at least one, before the window shuts.

16:39 - 13 Aug 2018
    See Rotherham United's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    “I am trying to get my number one and number two targets and it is taking a lot longer than I wanted but I don’t want to use my loans up on someone else and then they become available.

“It is a little bit of playing poker but fortunately the win last week gives us a bit of time.

“If they can come in on Thursday, play a part at Leeds then great but ideally they will be in for the time of the Hull or Millwall game.”

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Whether I can get one in before this weekend, I don’t know, but what is apparent is that there will definitely be one midfielder joining us, at least one, before the window shuts.

16:39 - 13 Aug 2018
    See Rotherham United's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    “I am trying to get my number one and number two targets and it is taking a lot longer than I wanted but I don’t want to use my loans up on someone else and then they become available.

“It is a little bit of playing poker but fortunately the win last week gives us a bit of time.

“If they can come in on Thursday, play a part at Leeds then great but ideally they will be in for the time of the Hull or Millwall game.”
    I don't get this. Warne has said he would like to bring Richie Towell back so presumably he's one of his top two targets. Towell hasn't been given a squad number so he's definitely available for loan.
    So what's the problem? It's likely to be wages as per usual and Brighton probably want more than we are offering to pay. Who can blame them when there may well be other clubs out there who will just get on with things and close the deal?
    Get ready for 3rd and 4th choices.......that's if we actually get anybody at all.
    He who hesitates is lost ☹

Get ready for 3rd and 4th choices.......that's if we actually get anybody at all.
    If we don't get anybody at all, a lot of Millers fans (including me) will probably be writing the season off. At least in 2016/17 there was a bit of hope up to Xmas. Will the season ticket sales hold up if we are relegated again straight away? We've got an obviously incomplete squad (even according to our manager) and have been in that situation for about a month, plus several surplus players that lower division league clubs regard as not even being suitable to loan. We've got our third competitive game of the season tomorrow! Just doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency to sort out the problems.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-08-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    If we don't get anybody at all, a lot of Millers fans (including me) will probably be writing the season off. At least in 2016/17 there was a bit of hope up to Xmas. Will the season ticket sales hold up if we are relegated again straight away? We've got an obviously incomplete squad (even according to our manager) and have been in that situation for about a month, plus several surplus players that lower division league clubs regard as not even being suitable to loan. We've got our third competitive game of the season tomorrow! Just doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency to sort out the problems.
    The slightly worrying thing is that Warne is already hinting it could be as late as the Millwall game before we get anybody in.
    If this saga drags on as long as that it will be dangerously close to the end of the loan window and anything could happen then.
    Does anybody think our recruitment process has improved significantly since Jamie Johnson has been heading it up? It still seems pretty amateurish to me.

The slightly worrying thing is that Warne is already hinting it could be as late as the Millwall game before we get anybody in.
    If this saga drags on as long as that it will be dangerously close to the end of the loan window and anything could happen then.
    Does anybody think our recruitment process has improved significantly since Jamie Johnson has been heading it up? It still seems pretty amateurish to me.
    Still seems like the same old last minute shambles to me

I don't get this. Warne has said he would like to bring Richie Towell back so presumably he's one of his top two targets. Towell hasn't been given a squad number so he's definitely available for loan.
    So what's the problem? It's likely to be wages as per usual and Brighton probably want more than we are offering to pay. Who can blame them when there may well be other clubs out there who will just get on with things and close the deal?
    Warney gives the impression that the dead cert(?) is his 3rd or 4th choice or why would he be waiting for him?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast