+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Evans

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    the guy whos put it on there is ricky who i think is our herbert on here norwood would be a very good signing imo bit dangerous though getting him from brighton and if johnson is a winger could we be about to ditch the 3 5 2 set up ?
    Ricky pointed me to where these rumours come from

Here's the rumour:

Interest was real in Freeman but Woodburn cheaper deal. As I said Egan and Holmes correct. Next up, Oliver Norwood on loan with deal for permanent. Marvin Johnson from Boro to play left wing back. Both definites. Interest in a loan for Assombolonga, however depends if Boro think they have enough cover, they are prepared to let him go though.

We'd have to pay Assombalonga a wage, so I'll be staggered if that one comes off

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    We'd have to pay Assombalonga a wage, so I'll be staggered if that one comes off
    We might have to pay him half a wage if hes a loan, but I would match your staggered-ness if it happened.

Intriguing though...never a dull moment at SUFC...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    We might have to pay him half a wage if hes a loan, but I would match your staggered-ness if it happened.

Intriguing though...never a dull moment at SUFC...
    Every picture tells a story,Norwood is a player i've liked for a while but i'll admit i aint seen a gr8 deal of him live.If one or two or in fact all 3 signed would that suit fans? I ask that not in anyway bein sarcastic i'm just wonderin cos i wudda prefered permanent deals but loans are better than nowt. UTCB

I'm okay with season long loans, why not? If they work out, then we can make an offer to buy. If they don't, we can send 'em back for nowt.

im same fkb at least it gives you a chance to take a look at a player before making it permanent mind this loan with view to a permanent is it set in stone in the contract ? plus wont we have the second instalment of the brooks money by the end of the season ? if so its logical to do business this way

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I can only attribute this to a fall out with wilder? Only explanation. He’s a tidy player and has shown glimpses. Maybe his attitude was not right? Very strange move. What is going on? Things seemed to have gone to the dogs in the space of 2 weeks.

Norwood would be a good signing. I am intrigued by Johnson as i don't see where he fits in, unless we change the system ?. I would be gob smacked if we got Assombolonga, he is a player that has never reached his full potential and someone like Wilder could definitely improve him.

In an ideal world i would get 2 strikers in and not Johnson but i am sure CW has a plan.

He looks like he is trying to maximise the pittance that is our bottom half transfer budget.

if johnson is more of a winger just wonder if chris is going to change the system which personally in favour of think hes classing woodburn as our pace up front so would expect just 1 more striker in think norwood would be a good addition assombalonga is interesting never lived up to the hype about him but very much doubt we could afford him even on loan mind who knows things have gone crazy at the lane lol

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast