+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lee Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    We might have to pay anything between 0 and 100% if a wage, it'd depend I'm sure. Not convinced that Boro would want to do us a favour by paying anywhere near 50% if his wage.
    My use of 'might' suggests that 50% is possible. It 'might' be more or less, but its unlikely to be 100%, imo. Boro are spending big and they 'might' have their own concerns about FFP or whatever. If we loan him at 50% and pay them £5m in January, then it 'might' just be a great deal for them... Who knows for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    My use of 'might' suggests that 50% is possible. It 'might' be more or less, but its unlikely to be 100%, imo. Boro are spending big and they 'might' have their own concerns about FFP or whatever. If we loan him at 50% and pay them £5m in January, then it 'might' just be a great deal for them... Who knows for sure..

We won't be paying £5m for anyone in January.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    I can only attribute this to a fall out with wilder? Only explanation. He’s a tidy player and has shown glimpses. Maybe his attitude was not right? Very strange move. What is going on? Things seemed to have gone to the dogs in the space of 2 weeks.
    He couldn't settle here so best he goes.

We might have to pay anything between 0 and 100% if a wage, it'd depend I'm sure. Not convinced that Boro would want to do us a favour by paying anywhere near 50% if his wage.
    We did Boro big favours on Tuesday by not turnin up till it was too late dint we Carpe?. I wonder how long it'll be before someone sez Evans was a r8 player nar he's gone? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    We did Boro big favours on Tuesday by not turnin up till it was too late dint we Carpe?. I wonder how long it'll be before someone sez Evans was a r8 player nar he's gone? UTCB
    He was a decent player. He was a Welsh international and last season looked pretty good. Playing beside Lundstram did him no favours.

If he wasn't in Tufty's plans, why play him in the first two matches? If he was, why sell him? It makes no sense at all.

We're increasingly looking desperate and clueless. We'll have no strength in depth this season and it'll start to tell.

He was a decent player. He was a Welsh international and last season looked pretty good. Playing beside Lundstram did him no favours.

If he wasn't in Tufty's plans, why play him in the first two matches? If he was, why sell him? It makes no sense at all.

We're increasingly looking desperate and clueless. We'll have no strength in depth this season and it'll start to tell.
    I meant the fans that had been slammin Evans whilst he was a BLADE Carpe.I've said several times i don't think any of these lads are as poor as they've shown so far this season.What ya think of the Norwood rumour mi owd pal? UTCB

The quality of the players isn't the only problem, that's for sure.

Norwood I don't know a great deal about so I can't really comment.

sounds like Wilder realised Evans wasn't quite up to the standard Wilder had hoped, so off he went. Like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    sounds like Wilder realised Evans wasn't quite up to the standard Wilder had hoped, so off he went. Like it.
    evans agent contacted wilder thursday said wigan want evans,evans then showed enthusiasm to go , wilder asked for x amount from wigan(which was at a profit on what we paid) wigan agreed. wilder then thought sound,that,ll make way for 3 loan signings with view to permanent. deal was done. no changing room un rest nothing (wilders interview..) wilder just thinks the player hes gettiing to replace evans is better than evans. all good business. ? we,ll have to wait an see. we surely cant be any worse .utb

Evans signing was the start of the poor run of form we have had since the turn of the year,well i hope he has taken it with him.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast