+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitiful transfer targets/Useless recruitment team

The loan system :

Think you can only have 2 loans from British clubs which we already have so must be only foreign players to come

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    The loan system :

Think you can only have 2 loans from British clubs which we already have so must be only foreign players to come
    I'm pretty sure you can have up to eight players on loan in the Championship but you can only use five in any match day squad.

Yes, I would have preferred us to be more proactive in the transfer window but it's not all gloom and doom. We've only lost Evans, Rondon and McLean from last year's squad. I know a lot of you will say that is the problem but we did show in the last half dozen matches that we could compete at that level.

As I've stated before I feel that it was essential that we retained Dawson. We must play him in the middle of the back four in order to stabilise the defence. I would have liked to have signed an attacking midfielder pus a right back but we didn't. I think that Gayle will be a plus and hope that as a squad we adjust to the Championship.

Perhaps I'm being over optomistic and I have to admit that I haven't been impressed with our two opening performances. Having said this, it is early days and let's hope we can see an improvement in the near future.

If we had signed the likes of Gibbs,Jay Rod,Dawson and Philips everyone would say it's been a good window.
    Gayle for Rondon good deal and the loan fee will pay his wages. He will score around 20 goals.
    Harvey Barnes looks good.
    With a couple more loans we will have a great chance of going up,this year not in 6 years like Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    If we had signed the likes of Gibbs,Jay Rod,Dawson and Philips everyone would say it's been a good window.
    Gayle for Rondon good deal and the loan fee will pay his wages. He will score around 20 goals.
    With a couple more loans we will have a great chance of going up,this year not in 6 years like Wolves

It took us 6 years because of the double drop that occurred out of horrendous,and a times negligent miss management. Crazy as it may seem if I had known what was coming for my club, I may not have become so suicidal (metaphorically speaking)about our future
    everything in this game seems to be cyclical, hold on and wait until it's your turn again!! both our clubs know out of adversity we generally end up re invigorated!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    It took us 6 years because of the double drop that occurred out of horrendous,and a times negligent miss management. Crazy as it may seem if I had known what was coming for my club, I may not have become so suicidal (metaphorically speaking)about our future
    everything in this game seems to be cyclical, hold on and wait until it's your turn again!! both our clubs know out of adversity we generally end up re invigorated!
    Hi,i'm not having a dig at Wolves. Just looking at the bigger picture. Wolves,Villa and Sunderland were handicapped by players on Premier league wages. Albion have this clause with the wages going down.
    Need to back the team, allow them a bit of time to used to the Championship and we will do ok. Plus money to spend in January.

Hanging on to these so called big names of ours could yet prove to be a cross to bear.

However, hanging onto big names in the past seemed to help us back up but as we were up and down like a whores drawers I never knew if they were top flight players or not. This lot (Phillips aside) have been in the top flight for a long period now and seemingly want to stay there, naturally I question their desire should they stay with us.

If I had the choice I would have retained Dawson, Phillips and maybe Foster. Apart from that I would have been happy with a rebuild.

I've sat and watched us be outsprinted and outplayed by fitter, younger sharper players now for too many consecutive seasons.

Hi,i'm not having a dig at Wolves. Just looking at the bigger picture. Wolves,Villa and Sunderland were handicapped by players on Premier league wages. Albion have this clause with the wages going down.
    Need to back the team, allow them a bit of time to used to the Championship and we will do ok. Plus money to spend in January.
    Yep can't disagree with that but if I was a baggie I'd want a manager with some "history" in charge. I know we did it with Nuno last season who had no experience of English football, but he had coached Porto and Valencia in Champions League football and brought with him a large and comprehensive back room staff and he had 'Uncle Jorge' and the Juggernaut that is Fosun to back him up.
    Big Dave just looks like your Clipboard or even worse Saunders!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Yep can't disagree with that but if I was a baggie I'd want a manager with some "history" in charge. I know we did it with Nuno last season who had no experience of English football, but he had coached Porto and Valencia in Champions League football and brought with him a large and comprehensive back room staff and he had 'Uncle Jorge' and the Juggernaut that is Fosun to back him up.
    Big Dave just looks like your Clipboard or even worse Saunders!
    Those last two lines put the whole situation in a nutshell.

Nothing else needs saying!

Before we have a mass suicide let’s remember that we can basically field the same team that not so long ago beat Man U, Newcastle and Spurs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)