+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DOOR closed!

we will be top of league on 25th of August SB so reight time to sell best lakers last week of the month

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    we will be top of league on 25th of August SB so reight time to sell best lakers last week of the month
    Am just mekkin the point that the dooar is not closed, it's still wide oppun fo Goat to sell. Av sed a few times that I take Goat's words wi a lagoon full of sea salt and a few leaked rumours abart us rejecting bids ev my Pillaker Antenna twitching.

Av stocked up wi tickets--got me tickets fo Bradford,Blackpooil, Rochdale and S****horpe as well as the ooam games. Al be theear sharting 'em on even if we are in the relegation zone like last season.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-08-2018 at 08:37 AM.

we could also go on a losing streak and end the month bottom of league with 3 points

My editted addition crossed ovva wi thi pooast--great minds.

Message from Tom Bradshaw

Let's make this season a good one, looking forward to the game on Saturday against Bradford 💪🏼🔴

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Millwall's bid wo dependent on one or two of Gregory. Saville and Wallace leaving. They din't come off so no brass to increase bid for Bradshaw.

A shunt get too giddy yit. Thuz time fo Goat to sell right up to 11-00pm 31st August with "loans with a view to January signing" permissible.

I take your pont SB , however the fact remains that the coaching staff emphasised the value of Tom Bradshaw within this style of play and they were listened to .

Bids were knocked back from a club in a higher league who did very well last season and our player is in the final year of his contract and walks away for nowt next year .

This is unprecedented in recent times and represents a small step in the right direction .

Stendel and his team were listened to , Hecky wasn't and we know the rest .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Message from Tom Bradshaw

Let's make this season a good one, looking forward to the game on Saturday against Bradford ������
    He echoes my thoughts exactly.

He is in the last year of his contract. Now is the time to show his commitment by signing a new contract or Goat may cash in in January befooar he goes fo nowt.

Just seen your pooast Animal. I think Stendel was "listened to" because we dint receive a big enough bid.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-08-2018 at 10:45 AM.

He echoes my thoughts exactly.

He is in the last year of his contract. Now is the time to show his commitment by signing a new contract or Goat may cash in in January befooar he goes fo nowt.

Just seen your pooast Animal. I think Stendel was "listened to" because we dint receive a big enough bid.
    We can both dress this up to suit SB .

However I offer " we are not under pressure to sell anyone in January " and then a subsequent fire sale v " we want to keep the squad together and get promoted " and nobody of substance leaving the club despite offers on the table .

It's a step forward , a tentative step but none the less it is progress .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We can both dress this up to suit SB .

However I offer " we are not under pressure to sell anyone in January " and then a subsequent fire sale v " we want to keep the squad together and get promoted " and nobody of substance leaving the club despite offers on the table .

It's a step forward , a tentative step but none the less it is progress .
    I would suggest that if Moore or Bradshaw or someone had been offered £28,000 a week like Hourihane was or £14,000 a week like Bree was then the transfer requests would have been landing on Goat's desk but we will see what develops this season up to 31 Aug, in the January window and next summer. This summer window is being hailed by many as a great success. Goat has done well managing expectations and putting a positive spin on what is really very little. All thats really happened is we have lost a number of players, got two young lads in and an unproven player from a relegated club, and retained the players that got us relegated.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-08-2018 at 11:28 AM.

I would suggest that if Moore or Bradshaw or someone had been offered £28,000 a week like Hourihane was or £14,000 a week like Bree was then the transfer requests would have been landing on Goat's desk but we will see what develops this season up to 31 Aug, in the January window and next summer. This summer window is being hailed by many as a great success. Goat has done well managing expectations and putting a positive spin on what is really very little. All thats really happened is we have lost a number of players, got two young lads in and an unproven player from a relegated club, and retained the players that got us relegated.
    If Patrick Cryne were still running this club Tom Bradshaw would be at Millwall today in my opinion .

He'd have taken something back is better than nowt irrespective of the detriment to the squad and harmony with the coaching staff .

It's what he did SB , Dawson replaced Butterfield and Dagnall replaced Vaz Te .

He did some good things no doubt but on the field some of the decision making in the boardroom killed us , saying one thing and doing the opposite kills your credibility within such a short space of time and a team in a strong league position .

It wasn't all beer and skittles under Cryne , lets not kid ourselves .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast