+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy Leaves.

McCarthy Leaves.

Jason has left to Join Wycombe permanently!

Defender leaves Oakwell on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee.

Barnsley Football Club can confirm that 22-year-old Jason McCarthy has today joined Sky Bet League One side Wycombe Wanderers on permanent deal, with the Reds retaining an interest in his future.

The defender played 24 matches for the Reds across all competitions during the 2017/18 season with his last start coming January away at Aston Villa, and will now join The Chairboys on a three-year-deal.

McCarthy will be linking back up with former manager Gareth Ainsworth at Adams Park, where he played 39 matches during a loan spell in the 2015/16 season.

Jason leaves with the best wishes of everyone at Barnsley Football Club, where has been a true professional both on and off the pitch and we would like to wish him the best of luck for the future.

Chief Executive Gauthier Ganaye commented: “Jason leaves with all of our best wishes having shown a great attitude towards the club and fanbase in his time here. Daniel [Stendel] and his coaching staff feel we are strong in the right-back position, therefore we have allowed Jason to leave in search of first team football. We’ve agreed a deal that will benefit all parties and wish him the best of luck at Wycombe.”

Could be a bit short at reyt back when otteead Carvery gets sent off and is suspended three games.

Good luck to him , I hope he does well in his career , seemed a good lad , and i thort him and Hammil linked up well together , both gone now , get behind the lads we have now ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Good luck to him , I hope he does well in his career , seemed a good lad , and i thort him and Hammil linked up well together , both gone now , get behind the lads we have now ,

I think he’d have dove well with a decent run, but good luck to him.
    Always had time for fans and press.... another who we tried to ruin by signing at a young age and then not using enough.....
    Ok having a plan, but how much wasteage is there with the plan we have.. How many come through such as Mallan and Mcarthy and then we discard.

O, but as GG says
    “We will have made a profit....

Greengrocer profit.... Small amounts to be made selling lemons

No great loss imo. Nice lad but not great at defending and all 3 managers didn’t use him which tells you something. Another player who’s Dad always had too much to say on social media .

Good luck to him

Guess like Mallan 3 management teams not seen enough quality in him for the position he is paid to be playing in - remember first half first game last season against Ipswich looked good going forward with Hammil, we should have been 3 nil up but lost 1-2 poor defending - good luck to the lad

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Could be a bit short at reyt back when otteead Carvery gets sent off and is suspended three games.
    Thareyt otteard Cavare , good laika tho , so funny are he drove streyt thru Oxfud defence , big strong lad , just needs temperin abit , looks quality to me ennyrooard , wiss b reyt Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Thareyt otteard Cavare , good laika tho , so funny are he drove streyt thru Oxfud defence , big strong lad , just needs temperin abit , looks quality to me ennyrooard , wiss b reyt Forza di Reds UTFLWG
    Think he'll FORGE a good understanding with Potts down right hand side

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast