+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Herr Hefele is No 12

Herr Hefele is No 12

Another good piece of business. Always shore up the defense. Which has been as leaky as a notts codger's incontinence bag.

We'll see if we get Bryam on loan and I gather Dowell is also available for loan, dunno if Senor Karanka would be interested though but he's a fine lad, a benefit to whichever club that lands him.

Well all's that left is to batten down the hatches and ensure we become hard to beat and pick as many points as possible. It'll probably not lead to success, but after several seasons of comedic defending, a more resolute team with hopefully some memorable victories in the campaign, will leave me rather satisfied. In the top 10, within touching distance of 6th for longish spells and maybe a lengthy cup run, that should be something Forest fans should be content with.

As with Nolan it is all or nothing season for Karanka with the signings they have made and in your case the money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    As with Nolan it is all or nothing season for Karanka with the signings they have made and in your case the money spent.
    I have to admit, you're probably right - FOR ONCE!
    After spending all this money, Mr Marinakis would expect to be rewarded with a Premiership payday. And he's not one slow to fire managers who don't get the results.
    But also to be fair, there's no suggestion thus far, that he will do a 'Blacpoolesque owner's game.' Wait to get to the prem to recoup and then profit and thereafter, refuse to bother anymore.

But Karanka's from Spain, and knows the routine, managers are expected to succeed no matter what, and the moment things go South, expect to collect your fees. There's very little wiggle room for him, he must deliver, maybe just maybe, if he gets the team very very close but come up short - say 7th, he might be given another crack.
    But yes, a floundering start and mired in mid-table in November and December with very little chance of reaching 6th, he won't be having his turkey in England for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Don't quite agree.
    I believe the expenditure will be covered for 3 seasons to get out.
    We have had 2 years of austerity, now with a backer have spent big in one go.
    What you have to do, is divide all this up to what a club could spend in 3 years in the Championship. It isn't abnormal when looked at that way.

Look at the clubs over the last 3 years spending large. They are in trouble but have had a reprieve with the FFP rules changing.

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;38975205]Don't quite agree.
    I believe the expenditure will be covered for 3 seasons to get out.
    We have had 2 years of austerity, now with a backer have spent big in one go.
    What you have to do, is divide all this up to what a club could spend in 3 years in the Championship. It isn't abnormal when looked at that way.

Let's see if you are say 19th in the table at Xmas. Fans and chairmen are very fickle.

[QUOTE=Romanis;38975185]I have to admit, you're probably right

Compared to you an Es*** I always am