+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Boris Johnson and the Freedom of Speech

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh ffs Tricky...give it a rest. The Gatestone Institute is a right wing anti Muslim think tank...what do you expect it to say?
    Probably where GUNTERYY got his ridiculous stat from too.
    You obviously didn't read all of it. But then again I'm not surprised.
    You seem happy that Laxley Lennon can be banged up without due procedure being followed. I have to question what your leanings are?

btw if you had read the whole article, then you would have noted that it was used as evidence in a channel 4 documentary.
    If you feel the way you do about the information used, then you need to act now, because millions will have seen it.
    The press have used it as well.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law

But Islam is such a wonderful teaching, it couldn't possibly corrupt anyone and no one is bound to get hurt.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You obviously didn't read all of it. But then again I'm not surprised.
    You seem happy that Laxley Lennon can be banged up without due procedure being followed. I have to question what your leanings are?

btw if you had read the whole article, then you would have noted that it was used as evidence in a channel 4 documentary.
    If you feel the way you do about the information used, then you need to act now, because millions will have seen it.
    The press have used it as well.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law

But Islam is such a wonderful teaching, it couldn't possibly corrupt anyone and no one is bound to get hurt.

And they all lived happily ever after.
    Of course I didn’t read it. I look at the source of your attachments and invariably decide that life’s too short to give them any further attention.
    It’s like asking Kenny Burns to give an objective assessment of Derby’s promotion prospects...never gonna happen!
    As regards Islam being such a ‘wonderful teaching’ you know perfectly well that I have little time for either Islam or any other organised religion.
    Neither do I profess myself to be sufficiently expert on Islam...pretty good at recognising bigotry and what has curiously become known as ‘fake news’ (aka being economical with the truth) when I see it though.

Of course I didn’t read it.
    Did you read my post #80 though? It was intended as a serious question looking for a serious answer, maybe you didn't read it as such or it just got lost in the jousting of the following 20 or so posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Did you read my post #80 though? It was intended as a serious question looking for a serious answer, maybe you didn't read it as such or it just got lost in the jousting of the following 20 or so posts
    Sorry Andy, for what it’s worth I always read your posts and, sadly, I have to agree with much of post #80.
    On the subject of the impact of communication...the way in which various aspects of the media have been able to influence public opinion has always been a concern, but if anything - as I suspect we saw earlier tonight - modern communication has provided each vaguely literate individual with the ability to pass off dangerous nonsense as ‘fact’.

Sorry Andy, for what it’s worth I always read your posts and, sadly, I have to agree with much of post #80.
    On the subject of the impact of communication...the way in which various aspects of the media have been able to influence public opinion has always been a concern, but if anything - as I suspect we saw earlier tonight - modern communication has provided each vaguely literate individual with the ability to pass off dangerous nonsense as ‘fact’.
    Very true, there's 'supposition as fact' on all sides - Facebook is rife with it, a sort of 'Swale Delux'. I really think BBC have lost the plot though, and their obsession with pushing diversity is having a detrimental (ie non-liberal) effect on public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Very true, there's 'supposition as fact' on all sides - Facebook is rife with it, a sort of 'Swale Delux'. I really think BBC have lost the plot though, and their obsession with pushing diversity is having a detrimental (ie non-liberal) effect on public opinion.
    ‘Supposition as fact’ is the tip of the iceberg imo, Andy.
    All too often I suspect there is a deliberate attempt to mislead. I believe GUNTERYY’s ‘facts’ about his ‘70% of Muslims’ figure and his Tommy Robinson ‘tortured by prison officers’ claim - neither of which he has returned to substantiate - both fall into that category.
    Unless challenged such ‘facts’ begin to become absorbed by the less questioning and more suggestible amongst us which is enormously dangerous.
    Don’t really follow your BBC argument though. You’re too intelligent to say things without thinking them through but I just don’t recognise this ‘obsession with diversity’ you speak of. Examples?

All too often I suspect there is a deliberate attempt to mislead. I believe GUNTERYY’s ‘facts’ about his ‘70% of Muslims’ figure and his Tommy Robinson ‘tortured by prison officers’ claim - neither of which he has returned to substantiate - both fall into that category.
    Unless challenged such ‘facts’ begin to become absorbed by the less questioning and more suggestible amongst us which is enormously dangerous.
    Don’t really follow your BBC argument though. You’re too intelligent to say things without thinking them through but I just don’t recognise this ‘obsession with diversity’ you speak of. Examples?
    I'll PM you on that one

I doubt there's any point in providing a link to you about anything, RamAnag. You'll no doubt use your sidestepping strategy again in which you dodge content you don't like by claiming not to have read it.

What does interest me is your admission you're not 'sufficiently expert' on Islam. Maybe if you spent more time reading it than wasting your life following the fortunes of Robinson then you'd be able to discuss it more expertly.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    I doubt there's any point in providing a link to you about anything, RamAnag. You'll no doubt use your sidestepping strategy again in which you dodge content you don't like by claiming not to have read it.
    Apologies Gunteryy...I suffered the forum equivalent of locking myself out.
    Strange that you only seem to come on here to challenge my politics and write nothing about football...anyway...I don’t know about me ‘sidestepping’ things. I simply choose to take little notice of sources where objectivity plays second fiddle to ‘agenda’. You on the other hand seem to have palpably failed to back up/source your allegations about Muslims, almost certainly because your 70% figure is total and dangerous nonsense.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 30-08-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)