+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: OT - Boris Johnson and the Freedom of Speech

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    RamAnag, I agree that when TR violated reporting restrictions on an ongoing trial he was breaking the law. He should have been punished accordingly. But speaking strictly as a layman, I think 13 months seems an excessively long sentence. As did a similarly long sentence for the man who threw a pork chop outside a mosque. Still, I digress. As I alluded to earlier, it's a great shame the media don't report on individual cases of muslim 'grooming' to the same extent as they do technicalities in the trial of everyone's favourite pantomime villain. I haven't heard of the case you mentioned concerning the three white guys. But if it's true I agree, he should come out and condemn it.

By the way, some threads lead to exchanges that become a little (unnecessarily) personal. But I have not consciously tried to 'humiliate' you. But if that has happened I apologise unreservedly.
    I don't know if this will help you find the 13 month sentence a little less excessive but he didn't get 13 months for THIS contempt of court. The sentence was made up of 2 parts. Once found guilty, the 3 month suspended sentence he was given in 2017 for contempt of court - he reported on a trial of Asian Muslims which was subject to reporting restrictions (sound familiar?) when he shouldn't have - and, as this was a repeat offence, very similar to the one only a year earlier, he was given a harsher sentence of 10 months for the 2018 offence. He appears not to have learned from the first suspended sentence and a harsher one is only to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I don't know if this will help you find the 13 month sentence a little less excessive but he didn't get 13 months for THIS contempt of court. The sentence was made up of 2 parts. Once found guilty, the 3 month suspended sentence he was given in 2017 for contempt of court - he reported on a trial of Asian Muslims which was subject to reporting restrictions (sound familiar?) when he shouldn't have - and, as this was a repeat offence, very similar to the one only a year earlier, he was given a harsher sentence of 10 months for the 2018 offence. He appears not to have learned from the first suspended sentence and a harsher one is only to be expected.
    MadAmster, I have no reason to doubt what you say. When treated in isolation, most fair-minded people will agree justice has been served. But my point is that there are a growing number of cases where Pakistani muslim rapists have been found guilty but given much lighter (or no) sentences. And the parents of the victims of Rotherham, Rochdale, etc. won't give a damn about the rights and wrongs of a celebrity trial. I'm quite sure they would rather see more publicity for these vile and heartbreaking crimes than hear of the media circus highlighting TR's brush with the law.

MadAmster, I have no reason to doubt what you say. When treated in isolation, most fair-minded people will agree justice has been served. But my point is that there are a growing number of cases where Pakistani muslim rapists have been found guilty but given much lighter (or no) sentences. And the parents of the victims of Rotherham, Rochdale, etc. won't give a damn about the rights and wrongs of a celebrity trial. I'm quite sure they would rather see more publicity for these vile and heartbreaking crimes than hear of the media circus highlighting TR's brush with the law.
    Gunter, Totally agree with you on the severity of the Rochdale, Rotherham, Derby etc crimes. Those responsible, when found guilty, deserve long sentences. To the best of my recollection, sentences of years in double figures have been handed down. That is not leniency. I have seen press reports saying that 3 of the guilty who were born in Pakistan will be sent back there after serving their sentences. You appear to have knowledge of some lenient sentences of which I am unaware. I am definitely unaware of rapists being found guilty and getting no sentence whatsoever as you state. I look forward to your informing me of the charges and sentences I appear to have missed.

Okay, my last word on the subject.
    You don’t seem to like facts but let’s introduce some. A Rotherham grooming gang, which included four men of Pakistani origin and two remarkably white sounding women - Karen McGregor and Shelley Davies - received a combined total of 103 years.
    The most severe sentence was 35 years and one of the women received just an 18 month suspended sentence.
    Very significant sentences then, on average, and a bloody good thing too.

It may not suit your agenda to compare the relative length of Robinson/Yaxley Lennon’s thir**** month sentence for contempt of court but to say grooming gang members are treated leniently in comparison simply isn’t true.

I doubt you’ll find anyone on here who would defend any form of child abuse or those who misguidedly tried to hide the truth via some sort of blinkered notion of political correctness. It was entirely wrong but times have changed. Response towards and knowledge of grooming gangs has become much more high profile. There are numerous dramas, documentaries and news items dealing with the issue and rightly so.

The likes of you and Robinson/Lennon however just seem to want to keep banging on about Muslims. You conveniently forget the other more startling facts about where the majority of child abuse actually takes place and I suspect that I, along with others on here, know why.

So may I suggest you take your hang ups and prejudice elsewhere...the EDL Forum perhaps, they’ll probably love your divisive rhetoric there...personally I think it’s utter bollux.

my point is that there are a growing number of cases where Pakistani muslim rapists have been found guilty but given much lighter (or no) sentences.
    Gunter, it'd be useful for the conversation if you could provide evidence of this, if you can't its just rabble-rousing and that usually gets deleted by me, whatever side of whatever discussion such stuff comes from. So put up (with evidence) or shut up, basically.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think you’re confusing mista and myself Gunteryy. I didn’t mention a case of ‘three white guys’, mista did and I can assure you I have never felt ‘humiliated’ by you or anyone else on here. That was another of mista’s suggestions
    Mista was, understandably in the circumstances, offering me support because arguing with you is a little like banging one’s head against a brick wall. You make a ridiculous statement, in this case about how ‘70% of Muslims’ behave and then, when challenged, change the subject completely, fail to substantiate it or claim ‘never to have meant it literally’.
    Tbh I have some seriously more pressing matters that are of genuine concern to me at the moment and arguing with people who use such ‘tactics’ as you do is a waste of my time.
    I’m not quite sure what your aim is. You don’t come from or have any interest in Derby County...you say very little - a few anti Derby jibes apart - about football and you seem hell bent on having a political argument with me in your effort to justify the actions of a few right wing, racist bigots such as Robinson and his EDL.
    People on here may well be heartily sick of politics featuring on this forum but I think the likes of MoP, Ram59 and occasionally Andy would agree that, although we regularly disagree, I am nothing if not respectful of their position and consistent in my arguments. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about you and my time may be put to much better use elsewhere.
    ramAnag, after your latest two posts I doubt you have much time left to post anywhere!

No anti-Rams jokes from me. I just wish we could swap our players for yours. And manager. You could even have Oakwell as your training ground. Oh, and super wealthy owners that might just as well be skint.
    Last edited by GUNTERYY36; 11-09-2018 at 03:02 PM.

You don't have to keep your cool. If you don't agree with someone's point of view you can always
    challenge it or send them to the back of the class or something. Go for it.
    Well I never even mentioned you But if the cap fits wear it

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)