+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: look on The bright side

Owners own.....

Managers manage....

Players play....

Supporters, in our case moan like fack when we lose one game the first game of the season....

Championship survival is the main bout but on the undercard we have “the half fulls” v “the half empties”

First round went to the half empties with the half fulls reeling on the ropes.

Round 2 tomorrow, will we see a comeback by the half fulls, or another pummelling by the half empties?

Ding ding, seconds out, round 2

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Owners own.....

Managers manage....

Players play....

Supporters, in our case moan like fack when we lose one game the first game of the season....
    To be fair MMM, I think some of the concerns go a bit deeper than the result of the first game.
    I can't imagine that many people are particularly encouraged by the recruitment in this window, in fact some of our more moderate posters have commented quite strongly.
    The real worry is that we have another awful season like the last time we were in the Championship and if we do, people will be a lot more unforgiving this time.
    I'm looking forward to Saturday even though I think it's a "must win" game. Hopefully there will be a few changes and the team will do the business to lift flagging spirits.
    UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Championship survival is the main bout but on the undercard we have “the half fulls” v “the half empties”

First round went to the half empties with the half fulls reeling on the ropes.

Round 2 tomorrow, will we see a comeback by the half fulls, or another pummelling by the half empties?

Ding ding, seconds out, round 2
    What's happening tomorrow?

Concerned yes but to basically say we’ve got no chance is just wrong.
    It was always going to be difficult this season.
    A good backing from the crowd Saturday may make a big difference?
    I think we need to give Warne time and a bit more credit he’s not stupid and will be aware of what he needs.
    Let’s not all go in meltdown yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I think we need to give Warne time and a bit more credit he’s not stupid and will be aware of what he needs.
    I think we need to give Warne 3 years. I wonder if Tony Stewart does?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks Warne is stupid and I am sure he knows what he wants but the issue is we cannot afford what he / we need otherwise we would have got them.
    I think the issue is it seems that we are seeing a repeat of the same issues we had when we was here before, So why are we finding ourselves in the same situation. Is it because we are targeting the same type of players again if so why. Surely we should be targeting players we can afford, players in our ball park.
    What has the recruitment guy been doing, surely he should be identifying players that we can afford not wasting his time on people we cannot. It just seems mad that we have so many misses / always backing the wrong horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Found it amusing & a little bit near the truth.Then again I did not go to the school of I'm always right.
    Well you're right with that statement....

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think we need to give Warne 3 years. I wonder if Tony Stewart does?

With time off for good behaviour he could be out in 14 months

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post
    Barnsley fan in peace! Think it's becoming increasingly difficult to compete financially in the Championship. Barnsley have mostly competed at that level but the difference in wage budgets even from mid table championship clubs is monumental. Don't know the answer but its not to spend way above your means with no guarantees. I always want us to play at the highest level but must admit it was a pleasure to win 4-0on Saturday. Wish you all the best!
    Barnsley is owned by billionaires now though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast