+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: look on The bright side

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Barnsley is owned by billionaires now though.

With no disrespect to our Barnsley friends I still don’t see why foreign billionaires would have an interest in a lower tier football club, with a “frayed at the edges” ground set in a Yorkshire town that’s been in decline since the pits closed.

I just don’t get it.

Unless it’s to do with hiding money outside their own country or they can see a profit in selling Oakwell.

They won’t make money on football alone.

The owners have stated the club will live within its means and carry on with bringing in young talented players with hopefully sell on value. They say they are here long term, and want to improve year on year and carry on with former owner Patrick Crynes vision. Think its the only way that will give us any sort of chance if we get back into the Championship. We will have to wait and see!

Which is a very similar statement to those issued when Chansiri bought SWFC and that Sheikh bloke got involved with Sheffield United

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Barnsley is owned by billionaires now though.
    That old chestnut , absolutely no link to our owners collective wealth and our ability to operate as a business .

So far they've bought a box of scarves and a round of coffees to the die hard fans who went to Cardiff last season for a midweek game in march .

We are self sustainable great fire , they are at my club to make money not spend it .

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    With no disrespect to our Barnsley friends I still don’t see why foreign billionaires would have an interest in a lower tier football club, with a “frayed at the edges” ground set in a Yorkshire town that’s been in decline since the pits closed.

I just don’t get it.

Unless it’s to do with hiding money outside their own country or they can see a profit in selling Oakwell.

They won’t make money on football alone.
    Neither do we but just as long as they don't start throwing stupid money around and threatening our clubs future then it's fine by us .

it's not that I can't handle relegation it's the point that we arent even trying to make a fight of it.

aren't people worried we potentially played a top half team and got spanked.

I hope it's not true but I bet Ipswich win 2 or 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    it's not that I can't handle relegation it's the point that we arent even trying to make a fight of it.

aren't people worried we potentially played a top half team and got spanked.

I hope it's not true but I bet Ipswich win 2 or 3-1
    I think you will possibly draw the game mate , Ipswich are still finding their feet under Hurst with some new recruits not bedded in as yet .

According to what I read Blackburn controlled the game last week and should have won .

If you are still in touch come January and not cast adrift then who knows , some strength added and a good second half to the season and get safe .

Got to keep in touch though or it could be almost impossible .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think you will possibly draw the game mate , Ipswich are still finding their feet under Hurst with some new recruits not bedded in as yet .

According to what I read Blackburn controlled the game last week and should have won .

If you are still in touch come January and not cast adrift then who knows , some strength added and a good second half to the season and get safe .

Got to keep in touch though or it could be almost impossible .
    that's the whole point of this thread not recruiting adding strength enough

Really can't believe what I'm reading here after just one game. We cannot buy a regular place in this league. Even if we spend way beyond our means, we'll still be way behind most of the other teams in the Championship. It's like we're in a race full of Ferrari's and you think we can compete by moving from a Fiesta to a Mondeo. To maintain the analagy, what we need to do is tune the Fiesta as well as we can (that might mean a few well priced modifications in the loan market) and then make the track as unpleasent as possible for the Ferraris.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Well you're right with that statement....
    WOW perhaps I did go to that school after all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast