+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ricardo Moniz's new Slovakian team

Ricardo revisionism. Love it.

We played some amazing football under Moniz, in our own half, and the recruitment under him was shocking and not all the bad signings can be put down to Branston.

People do realise sacking Moniz and replacing with Fullarton was obviously a financial decision. I think the Moniz experiment was a costly one and Fullarton was probably all the Trew's could afford or were prepared to fund after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    People do realise sacking Moniz and replacing with Fullarton was obviously a financial decision. I think the Moniz experiment was a costly one and Fullarton was probably all the Trew's could afford or were prepared to fund after that.
    I think you're on the money with this one. From a previous look at director listings, it seems all of Trew's businesses have either been liquidated or are no longer operational so he's even given up or he's gone bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think you're on the money with this one. From a previous look at director listings, it seems all of Trew's businesses have either been liquidated or are no longer operational so he's even given up or he's gone bust?
    In fact the only two not dissolved or in liquidation from what I can find are Romanoff Investments Ltd (Accounts overdue from 2016) and Go Sports Management Ltd which was set up in 2017 but also has overdue accounts. Very strange indeed

They do say that the only way to make a small fortune with a football club is by starting off with a large fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Ricardo revisionism. Love it.
    Not from me. This is the same opinion I held at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not from me. This is the same opinion I held at the time.
    Have to agree, I can't recall anyone calling for him to be sacked? I think we pretty much all bemoaned our defensive frailties but we were an exciting team to watch at least

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It's my belief that Moniz getting sacked was one of the biggest missed opportunities Notts have ever had. If he'd been unhindered by Branston's bizarre power over the club and given time to develop the whole package to include addressing the defensive frailties I still believe we'd be enjoying his brand of football now. Such a shame.
    With you and Delroy on this, loved his brand of football at the lane.
    Gillingham and Salford were big negatives but I thought he should have been given longer to sort out the away form. Sacking him almost relegated us. Weren't we even closer to going out the league than Nolan's escape?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Have to agree, I can't recall anyone calling for him to be sacked? I think we pretty much all bemoaned our defensive frailties but we were an exciting team to watch at least
    I can. At least half on here wanted him sacked

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast