+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricardo Moniz's new Slovakian team

Ricardo Moniz's new Slovakian team

Have just smashed Feyenoord 4 - 0 in the Europa League.

That is all.

AS Trencin I believe. Good luck to him.

I sometimes wonder how he would have fared as manager under the relatively patient and stable chairmanship of Alan Hardy. The kind of football he wanted to play takes a long time to perfect, and can cost you a lot of goals until you get it right, but given some of Nolan's style of football (harsh, in my view) from some supporters I wonder whether they would have been any more patient with Moniz or someone else of his type, trying to develop a philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    AS Trencin I believe. Good luck to him.

I sometimes wonder how he would have fared as manager under the relatively patient and stable chairmanship of Alan Hardy. The kind of football he wanted to play takes a long time to perfect, and can cost you a lot of goals until you get it right, but given some of Nolan's style of football (harsh, in my view) from some supporters I wonder whether they would have been any more patient with Moniz or someone else of his type, trying to develop a philosophy.
    At the start of the L2 season under Moniz, we played some fantastic attacking football. Unfortunately, a lack of luck, finishing and quality meant we ended up drawing or losing games we should have been winning 5-0.

It's a shame because I think he could have done well with the right environment at the club.

Stupidest thing Trew did was sack Moniz when we should have been happy with a mid table finish, we weren't going up or down so consolidation with great football should have been more than acceptable imo.

Moniz is a nomad he never stays any length of time with any club.

Moniz had us playing great entertaining football, and that was with players that we're picked by Pickle Man. I personally think he'd be an ideal Championship/Premiership manager where the players are of a higher quality and are able to follow his instructions

WOW - a pro-Ricardo Moniz thread !

I loved the football they played under him, it was a breath of fresh air. All guns blazing, fast open football with loads of goalmouth action.

Unfortunately his footballing philosophy was very naive in the hoofball world of English 4th tier football. We couldn't defend for toffee and were constantly out muscled / outfought by technically inferior teams. I feel that if he had made some defensive adjustments, he could have been a big success here. Ray Trew sacked Moniz and replaced him with the complete failure, Fullarton, a man whose team couldn't defend, attack or entertain.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Stupidest thing Trew did was sack Moniz when we should have been happy with a mid table finish, we weren't going up or down so consolidation with great football should have been more than acceptable imo.
    100%

It's my belief that Moniz getting sacked was one of the biggest missed opportunities Notts have ever had. If he'd been unhindered by Branston's bizarre power over the club and given time to develop the whole package to include addressing the defensive frailties I still believe we'd be enjoying his brand of football now. Such a shame.

I've kept an eye on his career since he left us and he tends to produce some remarkable scorelines both for and against then get the sack in pretty much every country and at every level.

Read into that what you will.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast