+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ricardo Moniz's new Slovakian team

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I can. At least half on here wanted him sacked
    That's how I remember it, he certainly split opinion, I thought we got rid to early & remember posting at the time that " some fans should be careful what they wish for" I loved his ideas on how the game should be played although I doubt that they would ever work.

I was glad when he was sacked but less glad when we appointed Fullarton. Wouldn't change Nolan for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I can. At least half on here wanted him sacked
    I honestly cannot remember that.

Imo Ray Trew pulled the trigger far too quick (as with Craig Short and, under the circumstances we were in, Shaun Derry). We were 7 points off the play-offs in December when Moniz went. A bad day's work as Kevan (& Dean Yates) went too.

RT said he had to go because he refused to let us stagnate ..... so he brought Fullarton in instead. That has to be the worst appointment ever!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I honestly cannot remember that.

Imo Ray Trew pulled the trigger far too quick (as with Craig Short and, under the circumstances we were in, Shaun Derry). We were 7 points off the play-offs in December when Moniz went. A bad day's work as Kevan (& Dean Yates) went too.

RT said he had to go because he refused to let us stagnate ..... so he brought Fullarton in instead. That has to be the worst appointment ever!
    All true, but very few on NCM criticised the decision. We'd win at home and score 4, then lose away 2-0, and from Salford on, many were calling for his head. We'd seen Short, Ince, Allen, Curle, Kiwomya and Derry go in quick succession. IMO, the fans became as trigger happy as Ray Trew.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Moniz is a nomad he never stays any length of time with any club.
    That's an indisputable fact. The question is whether it's because he creates his own problems personality wise, or whether it's because almost no clubs these days will afford an idealist like him the time and resources to pursue his footballing philosophy. I don't know the answer.

Sometimes I wonder whether smaller clubs like Notts, whose ambitions are limited by financial reality, should seek to define themselves more by their style than their success. Within reason of course. There's not much benefit to be gained from being the best passing side in the Unibond league!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Ricardo revisionism. Love it.
    No 'revisonism' from me BFP.

Loved Moniz's gung ho attitude. He was such a fan of attacking football that he would have played with a rush goalie if it was allowed.

Mind you, shame about the defending...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    No 'revisonism' from me BFP.

Loved Moniz's gung ho attitude. He was such a fan of attacking football that he would have played with a rush goalie if it was allowed.

Mind you, shame about the defending...

There was defending? Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Stupidest thing Trew did was sack Moniz when we should have been happy with a mid table finish, we weren't going up or down so consolidation with great football should have been more than acceptable imo.
    Short memory Syndrome Delroy?
    'Stupidest thing Trew did was sack Moniz'
    have you forgotten about employing Jamie Fullerton already?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Have just smashed Feyenoord 4 - 0 in the Europa League.

That is all.
    Ten minutes gone in the second leg and it's already 1 - 1, you've got to love him 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Have to agree, I can't recall anyone calling for him to be sacked? I think we pretty much all bemoaned our defensive frailties but we were an exciting team to watch at least
    You didnt go to Salford then....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast