Thread: Slightly OT: Decent Wee Article from The Guardian

Slightly OT: Decent Wee Article from The Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Not read it yet but the photographs are superb.

Excellent article in a part of the country where football very much takes a back seat to the oval ball game so it's very much a struggle for these teams.

Thanks for posting this link. What an excellent article. Much enjoyed.

Yes, itís good isnít it. And I Agree with Stravaigar, the photos are excellent.

It should be mentioned that this article is originally from Nutmeg magazine. Credit where itís due!

Yes, it’s good isn’t it. And I Agree with Stravaigar, the photos are excellent.

Thanks for posting that. Great article

I often enjoy reading about the wee teams such as in the this article far more than about the bigger teams, and like to follow the fortunes of both the Highland and Lowland Leagues. This is a good read, though as the article is Borders country related would have liked to see a wee mention of Vale of Leithen (the other border team) (yet a few non border country Whitehall Welfare photos, and one of Raydale but nice to see the photos). C'mon the wee teams!

Quote Originally Posted by sturie67 View Post
    I often enjoy reading about the wee teams such as in the this article far more than about the bigger teams, and like to follow the fortunes of both the Highland and Lowland Leagues. This is a good read, though as the article is Borders country related would have liked to see a wee mention of Vale of Leithen (the other border team) (yet a few non border country Whitehall Welfare photos, and one of Raydale but nice to see the photos). C'mon the wee teams!
    Totally agree Sturie. Iíve spent a bit of time in the last 6 months up north and saw a few HL games. These wee teams are the very essence of football and iíd rather go to see a Hughland League game than go to Old Trafford to line the pockets of the already rich. Really. Iíll take in some Lowland League games too hopefully.

Interesting article from Nutmeg magazine following the one from the last issue which included a great piece on Stephen Dobbie.

I’ve old footage at home of a Scottish Cup tie between Queens & Hawick Royal Albert.
    Can anyone remember what was unique about the Queens strip that day ?