+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly OT: Decent Wee Article from The Guardian

Slightly OT: Decent Wee Article from The Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Not read it yet but the photographs are superb.

Excellent article in a part of the country where football very much takes a back seat to the oval ball game so it's very much a struggle for these teams.

Thanks for posting this link. What an excellent article. Much enjoyed.

Yes, it’s good isn’t it. And I Agree with Stravaigar, the photos are excellent.

It should be mentioned that this article is originally from Nutmeg magazine. Credit where it’s due!

Yes, it’s good isn’t it. And I Agree with Stravaigar, the photos are excellent.

Thanks for posting that. Great article

I often enjoy reading about the wee teams such as in the this article far more than about the bigger teams, and like to follow the fortunes of both the Highland and Lowland Leagues. This is a good read, though as the article is Borders country related would have liked to see a wee mention of Vale of Leithen (the other border team) (yet a few non border country Whitehall Welfare photos, and one of Raydale but nice to see the photos). C'mon the wee teams!

Quote Originally Posted by sturie67 View Post
    I often enjoy reading about the wee teams such as in the this article far more than about the bigger teams, and like to follow the fortunes of both the Highland and Lowland Leagues. This is a good read, though as the article is Borders country related would have liked to see a wee mention of Vale of Leithen (the other border team) (yet a few non border country Whitehall Welfare photos, and one of Raydale but nice to see the photos). C'mon the wee teams!
    Totally agree Sturie. I’ve spent a bit of time in the last 6 months up north and saw a few HL games. These wee teams are the very essence of football and i’d rather go to see a Hughland League game than go to Old Trafford to line the pockets of the already rich. Really. I’ll take in some Lowland League games too hopefully.

Interesting article from Nutmeg magazine following the one from the last issue which included a great piece on Stephen Dobbie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)