+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Qos

not wanting to be negative on a day where we won and had some good moments but from what ive heard/seen on media outlets watson was playing right back? thought he was a CB? another case of playing someone out of position again? heard he done well so not overly bothered but not strange that he was right back esp when he was signed to be CB?

oh wells well done united happy weekend for a change! hope we can kick on

Quote Originally Posted by CarlisleArab View Post
    Just back from the match. Great first half & I was impressed with Sarfranko & Loemba. 2nd half not so good - what does Csaba say to them at halftime?
    He says this............."look lads I know you're tired,it's been a long pre season but keep trying. They look much fresher than us. They have better players than us and we all know we will need luck to win this league so maybe we get a bit of luck. Anyone want a sweetie? These are very good"
    Last edited by stokearab; 11-08-2018 at 05:07 PM. Reason: GMS dee slayer

Quote Originally Posted by CarlisleArab View Post
    Just back from the match. Great first half & I was impressed with Sarfranko & Loemba. 2nd half not so good - what does Csaba say to them at halftime?

Nothing inspiring as we are never better second half, good to hear Safranko impressed though, sounds like a nice finish

Give some credit, brave selection and formation today (3-5-2) last throw of the dice maybe and it worked
    Still feel it delays the inevitable. We were holding on second half and offered little, but we got away with a good win.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Not that I’m saying told you so but ...😎
    Well done AK - hope you had a cheeky tenner on that.

A nice 3 points from a venue and team that we have found it hard to contain in recent times.

Sounds like we shat ourselves a bit when they pulled a goal back. But that's understandable given what they've experienced so far this season. If they can keep up the tempo and form they seemingly showed in the 1st half and start regularly holding out to get the win that will breed the confidence they clearly need.

It's one win. But our revival has to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    not wanting to be negative on a day where we won and had some good moments but from what ive heard/seen on media outlets watson was playing right back? thought he was a CB? another case of playing someone out of position again? heard he done well so not overly bothered but not strange that he was right back esp when he was signed to be CB?

oh wells well done united happy weekend for a change! hope we can kick on
    If 3 at the back, i thought they were all CBs with the wing backs dropping when required? Happy to educated.

the graphic on the official page was 3 at the back which i dont have a problem with but saw a few things suggesting barton was in middle with frans and watson was RB? wasnt there due to work so couldnt tell you personally what formation we were playing but it would seem strange if he was RB. reminds me of when we played brian mclean at full back

Maybe set up as 3-5-2, but more often 5-3-2 with Robson & Aird dropping back.

cheers for clearing it up. how did we look today? heard some good reports on the radio

[QUOTE=cybershed;38977449]

Well done AK - hope you had a cheeky tenner on that.

Never mate not brave enough to take a punt on them yet 😎

Regardless of how poor we were in second half. For me more positives than negatives today.

From what ive heard did well in 1st half played some decent stuff. New lads played well (Watson and striker) the latter scoring on his scored on debut. A good result from a venue a that has proved difficult for us in the past and an away win.

Lots of work still to be done but we’ll done lads keep it up.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)