+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Saturday

Team for Saturday

OK, then - is Armstrong fit enough to start? The team-plan and tactics won't be a problem for him, because of last year, but has he done a proper, full preparation?
    If he's in, the team probably picks itself at the moment:
    Raya
    Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
    Bennett Smallwood Evans
    Dack Armstrong
    Graham.

Anyone foresee any surprises? Bell for Williams, perhaps?
    And who will start if Armstrong isn't ready - Samuel or Palmer?
    One remote possibility is 4-4-2, with an extra midfielder, and Dack as support striker, but there is evidence that TM isn't keen on that formation.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    OK, then - is Armstrong fit enough to start? The team-plan and tactics won't be a problem for him, because of last year, but has he done a proper, full preparation?
    If he's in, the team probably picks itself at the moment:
    Raya
    Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
    Bennett Smallwood Evans
    Dack Armstrong
    Graham.

Anyone foresee any surprises? Bell for Williams, perhaps?
    And who will start if Armstrong isn't ready - Samuel or Palmer?
    One remote possibility is 4-4-2, with an extra midfielder, and Dack as support striker, but there is evidence that TM isn't keen on that formation.

I really am not sure if he will start. He is fit, and has been playing pre-season. How match fit he is? I don't know.
    I think he will start as sub tomorrow and come on.
    I am unsure if Bell will play or not? I thought Williams was slightly caught out for their first goal last week. He got caught the wromng side and was under the ball when it arrived. You need your full back winning the header over the winger.
    Talking of the winger, it was Edwards who we really where interested in signing. Right side, and caused us the most problems last season. When we played Peterborough at home, he was a real dangerman. I would quite liked to have got him. Anyway, he gave Williams a torrid time down at Portmand road. That said, Williams set up Dacks goal.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)