+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loans.

the 3 players we are close to doing deals are -

Tyrone Mings - What a fantastic signing he would be. Wont be playing for Bournemouth anytime soon. Auks, you will know him from his Ipswich days. He would play, he would strengthen us and is better than what we have. Would strengthen us has loads of Champ experience fits the bill perfectly- Loan

Jordan Graham - Young, pacey, wont get in Wolves expensive side. Would be a great addition, is the fast winger that we crave. An alternative to Chapman. He would strengthen us. And has played in the CHAMP, and fits the bill perfectly - Loan

Sam Gallagher - Young, plenty of Champ experience, and wont be playing for Saints after Ings arrived. He knows us, knows Mowbray and will be a perfect fill in for Graham. Fits the bill perfectly, has Champ experience. - Loan.

All 3 would be excellent loan signings all with possibilities to sign on a permanent down the line
    We won't go up this season but with the slow build and transition from a club in bits to a team capable of returning to the premiership is looking good.
    Tony Mowbray has shaken this club into life and the way he has done it is the proper way and not the throw money at the problem and hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    the 3 players we are close to doing deals are -

Tyrone Mings - What a fantastic signing he would be. Wont be playing for Bournemouth anytime soon. Auks, you will know him from his Ipswich days. He would play, he would strengthen us and is better than what we have. Would strengthen us has loads of Champ experience fits the bill perfectly- Loan

Jordan Graham - Young, pacey, wont get in Wolves expensive side. Would be a great addition, is the fast winger that we crave. An alternative to Chapman. He would strengthen us. And has played in the CHAMP, and fits the bill perfectly - Loan

Sam Gallagher - Young, plenty of Champ experience, and wont be playing for Saints after Ings arrived. He knows us, knows Mowbray and will be a perfect fill in for Graham. Fits the bill perfectly, has Champ experience. - Loan.
    Have to be happy with additions of that quality

Again, I agree in principle, but I still go back to my point on the other thread: how could all of our good creative/attacking players then get regular game-time (without serious injury problems)?
    Graham and Dack are almost guaranteed a starting-place; Armstrong is close to that status too. So: the back five; one defensive midfielder; Bennett. Add Graham, Dack, Armstrong. That comes to ten.
    Problem? Keeping happy, with one slot available: Gallagher, Jordan Graham, Palmer, Rothwell, Samuel, Nuttall, Tomlinson, Whittingham, Gladwin.
    I accept some of those wouldn't be close any longer, but - assuming Evans is first choice to "hold" in the middle at the moment - I haven't even counted other potential midfielders, like Conway, Smallwood, Travis, Davenport. So, outside the back five, we would, effectively, be selecting one from 13!
    Champs and Saxo - I know you both see this as "healthy competition", but I think you can take it too far - especially as it means some of our very good youngsters are driven even further down the pecking-order.

The thing is aucks the above players would feature.
    Tyrone mings if kept fit alongside lenihan would be one hell of a partnership
    This season he would be cover but looking forward this is mulgrews last season realistically.
    Jordan Graham would be a useful option when an opponent is on it last legs or on the ropes
    Chapman isn't coming due to another injury so we look elsewhere,We miss that raw pace in the last 20-30 minutes he provides that.
    Sam Gallagher is 100 percent needed we have Danny Graham who isn't getting any younger and a very raw nuttall.
    The above players are needed in some form this season but with a view to sign on a permanent next season
    Very cleaver if of course they happen.

If we get these lads in, we will have a very strong first 11 and a very decent squad. If we got lucky over the season, with injuries , who knows what could happen.
    Let's be honest, who is better than Dack? There won't be many in this division. We simply have to keep raising the bar. So we can keep hold of these top players like Lenihan & Dack in the short term. Both are destined for the Prem.

But these loan players, all would play. All would contribute and all would be great additions.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    If we get these lads in, we will have a very strong first 11 and a very decent squad. If we got lucky over the season, with injuries , who knows what could happen.
    Let's be honest, who is better than Dack? There won't be many in this division. We simply have to keep raising the bar. So we can keep hold of these top players like Lenihan & Dack in the short term. Both are destined for the Prem.

But these loan players, all would play. All would contribute and all would be great additions.
    Haven't seen this Dack yet. But that is a bold statement. WHO is better than Dack?
    If you believe that, then you haven't looked that closely at the Championship. There is players in that league who have come from Premiership sides. As of yet, he is unproven at this level. Gillingham and Blackburn in league one, is not exactly a passport to heaven?
    Now I've seen this, I'll go out my way to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Haven't seen this Dack yet. But that is a bold statement. WHO is better than Dack?
    If you believe that, then you haven't looked that closely at the Championship. There is players in that league who have come from Premiership sides. As of yet, he is unproven at this level. Gillingham and Blackburn in league one, is not exactly a passport to heaven?
    Now I've seen this, I'll go out my way to have a look.

Have a look at his 2nd goal from Tues night.
    And enjoy watching him over the season. And keep remembering £750k??? How didn't we know about him?

So, this £13.6m Portugesue player has deliver big-time. Forest have to go up this season, after such a big financial gamble.
    Or it's straight back into financial trouble. No matter who your owners are. Ours own one of the biggest companies on the planet. Worth billions. A gamble is a gamble is a gamble. ..........
    It will be very interesting to watch on and see how they do this season.

Unless a brown envelope has been passed under the table
    Forest have to go up or embargo beckons.
    19 million loss over 3 season's,are they not pretty much there already?

Oh it's short-termism at it's finest. Look at the manger they have. The money spent. It's all very rushed and puts them under huge pressure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)