+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Loans.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Palmer or Armstrong, with one creative midfielder (Rothwell) instead of our usual, more defensive midfield formation.
    I'm not sure what you mean about "worrying". I'm simply saying a lot of talented players won't get a look-in.
    How many injuries do you make provision for?
    Last season we lost Lenihan all season. Our best player that's one.
    We just Dack on the first game, who didn't return until end of Sept. Then got injured at the end of the end of the season, at a crucial time. That's two

We lost Evans for a long spell, that's three.....

Shall I carry on?

Today's team: Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Bell, Evans, Smallwood, Bennett, Dack, Palmer, Armstrong.
    It will be interesting to see where Palmer lines up.

Palmer or Armstrong, with one creative midfielder (Rothwell) instead of our usual, more defensive midfield formation.
    I'm not sure what you mean about "worrying". I'm simply saying a lot of talented players won't get a look-in.
    At every club this weekend, some very good players won't play. Why do we have to be different to every other club? To appease one person?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Last season we lost Lenihan all season. Our best player that's one.
    We just Dack on the first game, who didn't return until end of Sept. Then got injured at the end of the end of the season, at a crucial time. That's two

We lost Evans for a long spell, that's three.....

Shall I carry on?
    Do you honestly think we will need all the players I mentioned because of injury?

And when Rothwell plays in Dacks role, who covers Rothwells position in midfield? Hart?

If Palmer had to move position to play instead of Dack, who plays in his position? Gladwin?

Do you honestly think we will need all the players I mentioned because of injury?
    You asked who got injured? I told you

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    At every club this weekend, some very good players won't play. Why do we have to be different to every other club? To appease one person?
    Of course that is the case.
    I am simply saying that TM's greatest achievement last season was to create a superb team-spirit and sense of togetherness. I really don't agree with you that more is better - just for the sake of it. Your questions about Dack misses the point, because I have agreed we need an extra forward. I admit I have doubts about the Brereton thing. He is a fantastic long-term prospect, but we surely want someone who could immediately slot in. I still argue that we have loads of cover everywhere else. I'd like the winger because I enjoy wingers, but with Bennett, Armstrong, Dack and Palmer, we have plenty of candidates for the support attacking roles - especially as we can switch to Rothwell as a creative force from midfield. Dack was replaced today but chances still flowed. Mowbray is gifted at altering the attacking/creative area on the pitch without losing momentum, Introducing Chapman for 20-30 minutes in games last season was a good example.
    Champs - do you seriously want a squad of 30 when we have a pretty settled and effective team - as the selection at Hull showed?

I do agree with most of that Auks. I really do, believe it or not. I just think he is wanting better options.

I know this is going to sound strange, and pretty nonsensical, but who said football is?
    Tyrone Mings. He isn't close to playing down at Bournmouth. We may get him on loan? Who knows. If he comes, we don't drop either Mulgrew or Lenihan. Mowbray wouldn't do that. But if we lost one, we need someone really strong to step in. Mings may aswell 'Not play' here, rather than at Bounemouth. He would be closer to getting a chance here, rather than down there.
    I'm some areas, I think TM wants certain players. I'm others he look for a younger long term player. Like up front with Brereton? I don't know

One of the issues nowadays is that the PL clubs (and some below) are producing masses of "promising youngsters". Only the very best get a regular first-team place, however, and many of the rest get loaned out. That's where the gamble comes in. Harper didn't work out last season, but Armstrong and Chapman did.
    If Brereton arrives, and a purchase at the end of the season is a fixed part of the deal, Forest come up smiling. We take the risk that he will work out, and they get the money. I'd rather he came on loan only - with an OPTION to buy. I hope that is what the club negotiates.

One of the issues nowadays is that the PL clubs (and some below) are producing masses of "promising youngsters". Only the very best get a regular first-team place, however, and many of the rest get loaned out. That's where the gamble comes in. Harper didn't work out last season, but Armstrong and Chapman did.
    If Brereton arrives, and a purchase at the end of the season is a fixed part of the deal, Forest come up smiling. We take the risk that he will work out, and they get the money. I'd rather he came on loan only - with an OPTION to buy. I hope that is what the club negotiates.

I was saying this in the summer during the WC about these promising young players not getting enough game time in the Prem. So we don't develop like the other better nations do, the young talent. It all goes back to money. That in huge amounts means pressure for immediate success. Which every fan wants. So the latest talent is plucked off the shelf over your own player coming through.
    You'd think the Championship was the perfect areana for these young England lads to play. But the Prem clubs are reluctant to let them go. I do think using the loan to buy market is a better way to go though. Where you get to have a look at him first.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)