+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successful transfer windows

Successful transfer windows

Reading the comments on here i sometimes despair at the unreasonable and unfair nature of some people.

We have low budget for Championship - we always will and should not risk the club by over stretching ourselves
    most (if not all) other championship clubs are bigger than us and therefore have a more appealing offer
    we are towards or at the bottom of the list of championship clubs interms of 'appeal'

on the positive side
    we are a well run club
    good management - good stadium
    a potential stepping stone (shop window) for up and coming players maybe

so this isn't a fair fight is it. our purchases and loans have been thoughtful and we havn't been mislead. just merely disappointed that we didn't land every chase.

and just to put RUFC into perspective how many other clubs get the players they want
    not - man utd, tottenham, newcastle, arsenal, Chelsea etc
    sure i would have liked Emmanuel back and a CM but it wasnt to be. but lets not slate the entire club when we have made good signings too.
    Be disappointed yes, but lets also be a smidge more realistic and ack
    nowledge that this is a fight with some big fellas in it.

so your telling me there is no player out there who would improve the squad if we was willing to spend 600k to 700k.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    so your telling me there is no player out there who would improve the squad if we was willing to spend 600k to 700k.

Where, in the original post, did Zouch say that or write anything at all that implied that.

As far as I am aware, he was not addressing you personally and therefore he was not telling you anything.
    Also, he did not mention any monetary amounts anywhere.

This is typical of what is wrong with this board. People are quick to misinterpret things and/or make assumptions and suddenly it becomes "a fact".

I think it is more about misunderstand than misinterpret. Boothy doesn't even understand his own posts

Quote Originally Posted by zouch View Post
    Reading the comments on here i sometimes despair at the unreasonable and unfair nature of some people.

We have low budget for Championship - we always will and should not risk the club by over stretching ourselves
    most (if not all) other championship clubs are bigger than us and therefore have a more appealing offer
    we are towards or at the bottom of the list of championship clubs interms of 'appeal'

on the positive side
    we are a well run club

so this isn't a fair fight is it. our purchases and loans have been thoughtful and we havn't been mislead. just merely disappointed that we didn't land every chase.

and just to put RUFC into perspective how many other clubs get the players they want
    sure i would have liked Emmanuel back and a CM but it wasnt to be. but lets not slate the entire club when we have made good signings too.
    Agree

I'd still like to know how we are supposed to be better prepared to compete in the Championship than we were the last time we were there.

MM

Whilst i agree it's not looking good after last weeks tonking surely we should all be asking your question after 10 games or so.
    We've got to give the new lads a chance and prove us right or hopefully prove us wrong.

on the positive side
    we are a well run club

Good post fella. It's about realistic and trusting that those behind the scenes are doing their best to recruit the best we can with the budget available. Looks like we'll have to recruit through the loan market, never ideal but better than gambling the budget one one 700k player plus wages and then having nothing left of that goes wrong.

Never trusted Boothy back in the day but I do the current team and we should get behind them I think

OK Ill try to answer that Mellow but its merely an opinion

the last time in the championship we recruited a manager without any knowledge of the team or championship -- This time its different
    the last time in the championship we sold our players before we signed any - this time our signings were more targeted and considered, evolution not revolution
    the last time in the championship we had three successive seasons a radical changes in playing staff - this time we have the continuation of a successful recruitment policy and team
    the last time in the championship we started with no strikers and panic bought - this time we have strikers and resisted the need to panic buy
    the last time in the championship we were a club built on sand with no training facilities - this time we are club building its foundations with training facilities.
    the next one is more gossip based
    the last time in the championship there was a toxic atmosphere - this time the club has a strong values and a team ethic

We are better placed by a considerable amount, but we are still the underdog.
    Last edited by zouch; 10-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.

OK Ill try to answer that Mellow but its merely an opinion

the last time in the championship we recruited a manager without any knowledge of the team or championship -- This time its different
    the last time in the championship we sold our players before we signed any - this time our signings were more targeted and considered, evolution not revolution
    the last time in the championship we had three successive seasons a radical changes in playing staff - this time we have the continuation of a successful recruitment policy and team
    the last time in the championship we started with no strikers and panic bought - this time we have strikers and resisted the need to panic buy
    the last time in the championship we were a club built on sand with no training facilities - this time we are club building its foundations with training facilities.
    the next one is more gossip based
    the last time in the championship there was a toxic atmosphere - this time the club has a strong values and a team ethic

We are better placed by a considerable amount, but we are still the underdog.
    I agree with most of that Zouch and know that the infrastructure of the club has been improved immeasurably.
    I also think that Warne should be given the full 3 years of his contract to continue the good work he is doing rebuilding the club.
    However, I am not convinced that our ability to compete in the Championship is any better than it was the last time we were there when, despite all the negatives you describe, the club lasted 3 seasons at that level.
    It will be interesting to see if we achieve anything like that sort of longevity this time around.
    I hope we do, but the investment in the team doesn't seem to have moved in line with the other improvements at the club so Paul Warne will once again be faced with a practically impossible task.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast