+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dongda HE sold

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Very strange state of affairs.....new chairman-owner slags off the ex-chairman owner for selling a young prospect.....then a year later does exactly the same, despite telling everyone he was on a 3-year deal, but that now he had no choice.....then he starts barring-banning people on twitter and offering them their season-ticket money back....wow

Someone needs to cancel their twitter account and get in a decent PR guru.

ps....before I get told off, AH is still the best thing to happen to Notts since Mr Pavis.....but he needs to learn a bit of restraint, I hear Ben Stokes is looking for a new job....PR manager material?....I think he'd make a decent fist of it!
    Did he say he was on a 3 year contract? Or that he would be with us for 3 years?

As I said, I think that he writes what he wants to happen.

"We'll probably lose xxx to a Prem side"
    " Nah, he'll be with us for 3 years "

I've said things like that, never thinking he might want to go.

Chinese take or giveaway, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    But surely the Bearne and Dongda He situations are different?
    Yes they are indeed.

The way the world now works, there’s no way Notts can hold onto any youth player who’s any good. The days of Draper and Johnson are long gone.

Btw it’s ironic to see advocates of free speech telling Hardy to get off Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The way the world now works, there’s no way Notts can hold onto any youth player who’s any good. The days of Draper and Johnson are long gone.

Btw it’s ironic to see advocates of free speech telling Hardy to get off Twitter.
    You talking 'bout me boy?

I'm not telling him to get off Twitter, Alan can do as he likes and I'm sure he will. I'm expressing my opinion that it might be safer for him to communicate through the official club channels rather than getting into the inevitable to-and-fro dynamic social media creates, with its temptation for instant rather than considered responses. He can still speak freely through a club press release, or at least I hope he can, because he runs the joint!

Perhaps I have this wrong but didn't we get the lad from Dunkirk after the darkside released him? If so it would seem to be a miraculous piece of business. Wherever he came from I don't see what AH could do in terms of letting him go.

It would be hoped he would come back to Notts, and that we would be the preferred loan of both the club and player. Maybe that comes next season cause he won't be a first team prem player for Wolves that soon.

This is how football is, shouldn't be allowed but this is capitalist football at it's best. It stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    This is how football is, shouldn't be allowed but this is capitalist football at it's best. It stinks!
    It stinks when we're on the receiving end, though I don't remember many Notts fans complaining back in June/July 2009 when they thought the club was minted with Munto. To be fair there were a handful of purists fearing the club would lose its soul somewhat, but amongst the masses the sentiment back then was very much "We're Notts County, we sign who we want". It's the way football fans are, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Nice try Chubby......AH can have as much "free speech" as he likes.....let's see how many customers he has left when he's finished.

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing illegal in pissing off your customer base....just not advisable, that's all

Hardy's comment about Jack Bearne going to Liverpool was more about the fact the email said "The incoming owner would never sign off on this deal" presumably because it was a sh*t deal but Trew was desperate for the cash, he'd barely stepped foot in the door at that point so it would be understandable for him to not know how the EFPP nonsense works fully. But that was much more a case of us trying to cash in on Bearne quickly whereas this is Hardy begrudgingly accepting an undisclosed fee as it's a better option than taking it to tribunal and us getting a bag of peanuts and a few chocolate coins.

Hardy could have given him a professional contract and asked what he liked for Dong Da. Instead he was on a scholarship. Didn't Hardy slate Trew for selling the family jewels with Bearne? I will tell you this He is not in the same league as Bearne at Liverpool. If we had kept them both who knows what we could have made. AH is full of shallow bull ___!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast