+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dongda HE sold

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Hardy could have given him a professional contract and asked what he liked for Dong Da. Instead he was on a scholarship. Didn't Hardy slate Trew for selling the family jewels with Bearne? I will tell you this He is not in the same league as Bearne at Liverpool. If we had kept them both who knows what we could have made. AH is full of shallow bull ___!

Why would the lad have signed a pro contract if he wants to leave?

Are you happy that our academy is producing players rated so highly by Premier League clubs? Does this do anything to change your opinion that our academy is failing?

Who are we to stand in the way of allowing a player of ours to go to the Premier League? Whether he makes it or not remains to be seen, but his chances are now better than what they were 3 days ago.
    Some are still missing what the bigger picture is... look at the message it sends out to players who are at or who join Notts, we won’t stand in your way.
    As no one knows what deal we got for Dongde He, it has to be impossible to be critical, unless of course you hang on every word written on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Who are we to stand in the way of allowing a player of ours to go to the Premier League? Whether he makes it or not remains to be seen, but his chances are now better than what they were 3 days ago.
    Some are still missing what the bigger picture is... look at the message it sends out to players who are at or who join Notts, we won’t stand in your way.
    As no one knows what deal we got for Dongde He, it has to be impossible to be critical, unless of course you hang on every word written on Twitter.

If we cannot keep the young players that we develop, (and the way the rules are loaded in favour of the almighty Prem make that highly unlikely), best thing we can do is make some dosh from them. Nothing we could do about Dong or Jack Bearne for that matter but please Al, stay off social media.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Hardy could have given him a professional contract and asked what he liked for Dong Da. Instead he was on a scholarship. Didn't Hardy slate Trew for selling the family jewels with Bearne? I will tell you this He is not in the same league as Bearne at Liverpool. If we had kept them both who knows what we could have made. AH is full of shallow bull ___!
    My understanding is you cant offer pro contracts until the player is 18 which He isn't yet Wolves knew this so took him.

Bearne also played for Liverpool before Notts he is bound to want to go back to them.

Face facts youth football seems a waste of time to me in the lower leagues as soon as you find a gem they go and you cant stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    New chairman-owner slags off the ex-chairman owner for selling a young prospect.....then a year later does exactly the same thing, despite telling everyone he was on a 3-year deal, but that now he had no choice!
    With respect Tarquin, the sale of Jack Byrne and Dongda He are not the same thing.

Ray Trew wanted out. He couldn't sell the club for his asking price and was losing money hand over fist. Jack Byrne was part of a fire sale, from a club with very few saleable assets. To Ray Trew it was just money, he had no interest in the future of the club.

Hardy, naively promoted Dongda He's talent on twitter, saying the lad wasn't going anywhere, but he failed to anticipate that 3 Premier League clubs were going to come knocking at our door waving (lots) of money. Yes he could have played hardball and sent them packing but do you honestly believe a 4th tier club, like Notts, would get a fair price at a tribunal.

As other people have said, this is not the halcyon period of Tommy Johnson , Mark Draper etc. You have an asset that is not on a pro contract then the reality is you will have to let them go for the best price on offer, or risk getting ragdolled at a tribunal.

For the record: I like reading AH's twitter feed, even if sometimes it makes me cringe. The guy is investing money in our club, he is promoting our club and raising its profile, so a few small mistakes along the way are acceptable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If we cannot keep the young players that we develop, (and the way the rules are loaded in favour of the almighty Prem make that highly unlikely), best thing we can do is make some dosh from them. Nothing we could do about Dong or Jack Bearne for that matter but please Al, stay off social media.
    Totally agree about Social Media. Twitter is nothing but an electronic mob, and it can turn on you just like the real thing.

I wonder who asked for the fee to be undisclosed?

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Totally agree about Social Media. Twitter is nothing but an electronic mob, and it can turn on you just like the real thing.
    Rather like NCM then.

I notice that the first instinct of most posters is to attack the club without waiting to see if there were mitigating factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I'm expressing valid concerns - now how about this:

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    18m18 minutes ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Geoff

I’m not putting up with that. Blocked. And if you’re a season ticket holder then please come and see me for a full refund! This club doesn’t need abusive idiots like you!

Alan Hardy added,
    Geoff
    @Notoriousgee
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    Hardy, you are a liar! Don’t say he will be with us for three years, when you know it was a fake promise.
    Great work by the scouts tho, a great prospect that we’ll never see grow in our colours

Jeez!
    Shocking way to talk to a fan in my opinion. AH called out on something he said and then comes back with that, honestly terrible way to treat a fan. I didn't mind AH on twitter but as Elite says this is the first time it's really come back to bite him, hopefully he's learnt his lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Rather like NCM then.

I notice that the first instinct of most posters is to attack the club without waiting to see if there were mitigating factors.
    Of course there will be mitigating factors. The same factors that applied to Best..Mcgoldrick..Bearne and now He.

It’s out of AH’s and the clubs hands and in the players. You can see why the likes of Huddersfield and Brentford have scrapped age groups under 18.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast