+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dongda HE sold

Dongda HE sold

To Wolves for an undisclosed fee.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ns-for-wolves/

Could be good business if he does well but a shame we won't see him in the first team now unless he's loaned back

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Could be good business if he does well but a shame we won't see him in the first team now unless he's loaned back
    I could have sworn that AH said that this player would be with us for at least another couple of years ?

Quote Originally Posted by 80milesSouth View Post
    I could have sworn that AH said that this player would be with us for at least another couple of years ?
    Well I guess there's a price on anyone's head in football which, if met, has to be taken.

Does anyone know whether He Zhenyu is the same player or whether we had two players with the name He prior to this? Brothers perhaps?

EDIT: Ignore that, I see from his Twitter account it's the same person
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-08-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Can someone remind me how it works with academy players since that new deal with the Premier League?

Isn't it something like if a PL club wants them they just take them and if no agreement is reached a tribunal decides the fee?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Can someone remind me how it works with academy players since that new deal with the Premier League?

Isn't it something like if a PL club wants them they just take them and if no agreement is reached a tribunal decides the fee?
    Something along those lines. From the official site's report it looks like there are sell on/appearance/progress clauses though. Let's hope it's good business...personally I hope he's comes back on a season long loan for us to further develop for them.

I won't slate the club, because we Notts fans are realistic enough to know that Premier League clubs can pretty much take what they want when they want it, and hopefully we've got the best deal we can, but I won't pretend it's not bitterly disappointing to see such a prospect disappear before we even got to see him. It's like Jermaine Pennant all over again. Gone it seems are the days when we could hold on to the likes of Tommy Johnson and Mark Draper for a few years before they went on to bigger things.

As Swale says, the only hope is that we get him back on loan for a while.

Or as Billy big balls ran out of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Or as Billy big balls ran out of cash.
    You would want that wouldn’t you?

I am glad that we have seemingly got a good deal for a player with very good potential, no club outside of the Premiership should stand in the way of a young player being given the chance at the pinnacle of football.
    Good luck to the lad and as AH says it sends out a message to young lads that we can help them succeed.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast