+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Dongda HE sold

I couldn't really care less about Dongda He. He hasn't played a game for us and a few weeks ago none of us knew who he was! If we have got a decent fee for him then win-win! Use the cash to get a midfielder in please.

The reality is that in our league, if we have a decent young player, he won't be with us for long. That's not Hardy's fault, that's just the injustice of the modern game. The sad thing is that He will now drop into academy football again, whereas here he was involved in the first team squad.

Hardy just lets himself down on twitter. He has deleted a lot of his comments now, but despite saying he wasn't going to post for a week last night, here is is again this morning talking about it again. He can't help himself.

Exactly what I posted last night !

A few weeks ago nobody had heard of this kid and then suddenly Hardy is the villain of the piece for selling the 'New Messi' off cheap.

Got to say that some of our fanbase still think football is run like it was in the last century.

WRONG. Money talks. Premier League and sh!t stirring agents come knocking. Us poor relations take the best cash deal on offer, or get screwed at a tribunal.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    My understanding is you cant offer pro contracts until the player is 18 which He isn't yet Wolves knew this so took him.

Bearne also played for Liverpool before Notts he is bound to want to go back to them.

Face facts youth football seems a waste of time to me in the lower leagues as soon as you find a gem they go and you cant stop it.
    Your facts are totally wrong. Pro contracts can be signed on 17th birthdays and Bearne did not play for Liverpool before Notts, he had been at Notts County since he was 9

Everybody tends to use "undisclosed fee" so that if you sell someone for £300k as Crawley supposedly did for Enzio, when they then try and buy someone to replace him, the next selling club know they have £300k in there transfer kitty and ask for more when they're selling someone to crawley

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    but despite saying he wasn't going to post for a week last night, here is is again this morning talking about it again. He can't help himself.
    He didn't say that, he basically was inferring that the sh1t he'd had to bear had made him feel like that.

Whatever the reason I can understand some people's disappointment. I saw the lad play against Leicester and thought we had unearthed a real diamond. This coupled with one point from our first two games has somewhat dampened my expectations after only 8 days of the season.

My question is this. Dong Da's 17th birthday seems to be in June (before pre-season started), why was he not offered a pro then? If he was approached before this time by another club would that not be an illegal approach. Hardy said the bid (3 clubs) was made during pre-season. I cannot see any bids being made before as he hadn't played much football up to then, he even didn't figure in the youth team until the back end of last season. More spin AH?

Nolan would not have played him anyway. He has his favourites and that's it. Tom Crawford will be another.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    My question is this. Dong Da's 17th birthday seems to be in June (before pre-season started), why was he not offered a pro then? If he was approached before this time by another club would that not be an illegal approach. Hardy said the bid (3 clubs) was made during pre-season. I cannot see any bids being made before as he hadn't played much football up to then, he even didn't figure in the youth team until the back end of last season. More spin AH?
    Are you factually inept?
    AH has stated a pro-deal was on the table before his 17th birthday, but the lad didnt sign want to sign it......what can we do about that?
    Its not an illegal approach as the rules state a academy player can pretty much be snatched by a Premier League team, and if the player wants to go, we are powerless to stop it.
    The bids were made after the Leicester game (after he said he would be here for three years)

Please tell me where you see the spin in this?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    The sad thing is that He will now drop into academy football again, whereas here he was involved in the first team squad.
    This is the side of the saga that I find the most puzzling. He's still an academy player, but now he's got much stiffer competition and will find it harder to impress. According to Hardy, he had been offered a pro deal with us, but now there's a chance he may never be offered one. Non-league is full of ex-Premier League academy players that failed to kick on.

I hope that we do see him in a Wolves shirt soon. He certainly seems ambitious enough to make it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast