+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    West Ham 3 Emley 1 third round 1998 at one stage Emley equalised to make it 1-1 and the 2200 from Emley outsung the Hammers,great performance from Emley
    Emley have played the Millers in the FA Cup too (Round 1 plus replay in 1998/9 season)
    Also Frickley have played in the FA Cup proper several times. Best FA Cup run - knocked out by the Millers, 3rd Round 1985/6
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-08-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Rawmarsh Welfare reached the 1st round proper in 1952, eventually losing at home to Buxton 1-4, does anybody know of any other local teams(non-league) who have equaled or bettered that.?
    First match at Oakwell we were lucky too think we scored six in replay

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Archie dint tha play left back in that one.
    Ball boy, Lolmorgan.

I used to love the FA Cup, now to be honest I don’t even think about it.Millmoor on cup days used to be buzzing in my early years.

I remember going to an FA Cup game at Rawmarsh Welfare in the early 70s when they were one, maybe two games from the 1st round proper but lost. In those days the local butcher Tony Lowe played for them in the 3 o'clock kick off after shutting up shop at 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Thats the cast from Greyfriars Kempo, what part did you play? Billy Bunter.
    Well spotted, Archie, but only half right. The first four names were from that homage to public school homoerotica, Whacko! with Jimmy Edwards. You also lose a point for the Monty is Kempo nonsense. Clearly none of you lads are aware of the history of this site. But it keeps Mike happy I suppose. he conveniently forgets that it was I who first posted the list of names he now puts up with boring regularity. If he's so sure Kempo is Monty is Wendun is Unwed2 is Dr Pokem perhaps he might refer us to a single post made by Unwed2 for instance that confirms his belief?

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    No I went to a comp in deedah land.

Hated every minute of it.
    I bet you did.

...so it wasn't RGS after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I used to love the FA Cup, now to be honest I don’t even think about it.Millmoor on cup days used to be buzzing in my early years.
    Always looked forward to cup games at Millmoor.

Rosettes on sale outside the ground, toilet roll streamers from the Tivoli - whatever happened to that tradition?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    ...so it wasn't RGS after all?
    I think you're confusing naked with Anastasia, Godsend, Nogbad and others who may or may not have attended RGS. My own old school was De La Salle in Sheffield and you can see my name on the Honours Board there for 1970. Amazingly it's the same name as the one on the email address I posted on here and the same name appended to the various history articles of mine I've linked to several times in the past. But you don't seem the kind of bloke who lets the truth get in the way of a bit of point scoring, mike.
    In fairness to KerrAvon - hardly a pal of mine - he has had the decency to try to tell you lot that I have been very clear about my idenity on here.
    Last edited by monty_rhodes; 14-08-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast