+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    No reason why you would be, of course. A fine school though. I remember old Edwards the headmaster, Pettigrew, Whittaker and Smallpiece. Had some great times in the company of Bob Cherry, Harry Wharton, Horace Coker and Vernon-Smith. Happy days indeed.
    No doubt you are currently awaiting a postal order from pater?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    No doubt you are currently awaiting a postal order from pater?
    Class envy is never pretty, Patty. Not my fault that I had a privileged upbringing is it?

Parkgate won 2-1 away at Brighouse
    Maltby at Runcorn but no result yet

Maltby also won beating Runcorn 2-1 away.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Parkgate won 2-1 away at Brighouse
    Maltby at Runcorn but no result yet

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well a matchless Saturday for the Millers as the FA Cup hits the Preliminary Round. I'm sure Zippy will be taking advantage of a day off to visit a ground somewhere within reach of public transportation.

Good luck to Parkgate and Maltby Main who visit Brighouse Town and Runcorn Linnets respectively. Our team to follow is Biggleswade FC who are home to Soham Town Rangers. I'm assuming it's Biggleswade FC as who would have thought there are 3 football teams in the town? Biggleswade United bowed out in the last round and Bigggleswade Town are playing somewhere else tomorrow.

Charles Penrose is one of the town's most famous past inhabitants. Many of the old timers may remember him and they'll be laughing if they do.
    As already mentioned, good wins for Parkgate and Maltby but a loss for Stocksbridge. Frickley squeaked through 10-1 but there were even more goals at Clitheroe with a 6-6 draw against Sunderland RCA. Surprised you wasn't at that one Monty?

BBC still keeping me in suspense over Biggleswade as their result not showing yet. PC Penrose wouldn't be laughing

As already mentioned, good wins for Parkgate and Maltby but a loss for Stocksbridge. Frickley squeaked through 10-1 but there were even more goals at Clitheroe with a 6-6 draw against Sunderland RCA. Surprised you wasn't at that one Monty?

BBC still keeping me in suspense over Biggleswade as their result not showing yet. PC Penrose wouldn't be laughing
    Cam, you're confusing me with my brother Jimmy. Couldn't decide between the Belgium Grand Prix Qualifying or holding Pep's hand at Wolves so in the end stayed home and binged on my A Team box set.

After all that waiting the Biggleswade game was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch. I thought you lot were having a heatwave? Guess we'll have to wait until it's replayed to see who we're following on this journey to Wembley.

Well a matchless Saturday for the Millers as the FA Cup hits the Preliminary Round. I'm sure Zippy will be taking advantage of a day off to visit a ground somewhere within reach of public transportation.

Due to the first in a series of one day strikes by Northern Rail (Yesterday and the next 5 Saturdays) my options were limited to bus travel.
    I had a choice of 3 games....P*nistone Church v Runcorn Town or Frickley Athletic v Liversedge, both in the FA Cup or Hemsworth MW v Harrogate R.A in the NCEL.
    After watching Barnsley U18's lose 2-0 to Cardiff City U18's in the Development League at Oakwell Academy (K.O 11AM) i tootled off to P*nistone Church.
    In hindsight the 10-1 win for Frickley, with Des's lad Jacob Hazel netting an hat-trick, would've been the pick of the bunch goalwise, but i still saw a good FA Cup tie at the Memorial Ground, P*nistone, with Runcorn Town ending up 3-1 winners.
    £5 entry, £1.50 programme, £4 for Steak Pie, Chips and Peas, 4 pints of Stones £2.75 a pint.
    So with bus fares, just over £30 for a good day out seeing 2 games. (The Barnsley game was free admission).
    The next round is played on International break day September 8th so if anybodies looking for a good FA Cup footy fix that's easy on the pocket, then look out for the draw which takes place this Wednesday.

Just realised that Northampton Sileby Rangers are still in the cup (Give us an "N"...). Not quite as long a name as Northampton O.N.C. F.C ... earlier in the thread but not bad going. Seems like non-league football is thriving in the Northampton area

Thanks for the report Zippy.

Just done a bit of 'surfing' and it looks like the waterlogged pitch abandonment reported on the BBC was total boll.ocks. The match was abandoned due to a clash of heads and having to await an ambulance. Biggleswade had fought back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 but the game will now be replayed on 4/9. Match report here

http://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2018/...ed-by.html?m=1

Also seeing that they are saying the winner of their replayed game will visit FC Romania in the next round. That's a long way to go in the FA Cup To further complicate our Biggleswade theme it looks like Biggleswade Town are also entering the competition in the next round with a tie at Chesham Utd. That's assuming the draw has actually been made as there's nothing on the BBC website and Zip said it was happening Wednesday?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast