+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

Just done a bit of 'surfing' and it looks like the waterlogged pitch abandonment reported on the BBC was total boll.ocks. The match was abandoned due to a clash of heads and having to await an ambulance. Biggleswade had fought back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 but the game will now be replayed on 4/9.
    Once went to an FA Cup preliminary qualifying round game Stourport v Stourbridge, where after about 30 minutes a player was seriously injured. For some reason, the player could not be moved and there was a long delay as an ambulance was called and eventually went onto the pitch to take the injured player to hospital. It probably took about 45 minutes to remove the injured player from the field of play. When the teams eventually resumed play, they played the remaining 15 minutes of the first half, then were instructed by the referee to switch ends, and without another break played the second half straight through. I think that Stourbridge won 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Once went to an FA Cup preliminary qualifying round game Stourport v Stourbridge, where after about 30 minutes a player was seriously injured. For some reason, the player could not be moved and there was a long delay as an ambulance was called and eventually went onto the pitch to take the injured player to hospital. It probably took about 45 minutes to remove the injured player from the field of play. When the teams eventually resumed play, they played the remaining 15 minutes of the first half, then were instructed by the referee to switch ends, and without another break played the second half straight through. I think that Stourbridge won 2-0.
    Nice touch from that Bigglesade game is that they gave the 'man of the match' award to the physio lady who attended to the injured.

That's assuming the draw has actually been made as there's nothing on the BBC website and Zip said it was happening Wednesday?
    The draw was made Tuesday (i'd read somewhere it was Wednesday)
    2 local ones in the form of Maltby Main v Frickley Athletic and Parkgate v Litherland or Leek Town who are replaying next week.

Quote Originally Posted by zip64 View Post
    The draw was made Tuesday (i'd read somewhere it was Wednesday)
    2 local ones in the form of Maltby Main v Frickley Athletic and Parkgate v Litherland or Leek Town who are replaying next week.
    Will the Parkgate one be a Saturday game ?

May be able to make that one if it is.

Update on Stourport - one of the oldest non-league clubs and still in the FA Cup this time. They have never been beyond the third qualifying round. Stourport itself is a (sort of) inland holiday resort and quite pleasant to visit, good pubs by the river, etc. Probably a good one for Zippy if he's ever groundhopping in that area
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-08-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Will the Parkgate one be a Saturday game ?
    May be able to make that one if it is.
    Malty Main v Frickley sounds good or Parkgates fixture.

although Barnsley are at home that Saturday against Walsall...

Decisions....Decisions...?. May end up at Meadowhell shopping...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Malty Main v Frickley sounds good or Parkgates fixture.

although Barnsley are at home that Saturday against Walsall...

Decisions....Decisions...?. May end up at Meadowhell shopping...lol.

Maltby Main v Frickley has been chosen as BBC's live stream game.
    As such it is now kicking off at the earlier time of 12.30, making it possible to take in both Maltby AND Parkgate FA Cup ties.
    I'm staying at Roundwood because our under 18's are at home to Bradford City there that morning (11am ko) a couple of hours in the pavillion bar then stopping for Parkgate's FA Cup tie at 3.

You could get 9 holes in between games Zip

I thought the draw was Thursday ��

I’m surprised there’s no moaning on here about this cup being a waste of time �� I’m sure all non league clubs will be happy with the money they may receive

The first round qualifying is scheduled to take place over the weekend of Saturday 8 September with each winning club receiving £6,000 from The FA prize fund.

I might try and get to a non league/cup game in international break

Thanks for the report Zippy.

Just done a bit of 'surfing' and it looks like the waterlogged pitch abandonment reported on the BBC was total boll.ocks. The match was abandoned due to a clash of heads and having to await an ambulance. Biggleswade had fought back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 but the game will now be replayed on 4/9. Match report here

http://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2018/...ed-by.html?m=1

Also seeing that they are saying the winner of their replayed game will visit FC Romania in the next round. That's a long way to go in the FA Cup To further complicate our Biggleswade theme it looks like Biggleswade Town are also entering the competition in the next round with a tie at Chesham Utd. That's assuming the draw has actually been made as there's nothing on the BBC website and Zip said it was happening Wednesday?
    So the Biggleswade adventure as the MM team to follow in this years FA Cup is a short lived one as pitchero.com has it (not the BBC who seem to have misplaced their replay completely) that Soham Town Rangers triumphed tonight 5-3 in front of 138 fans.

In stark contrast to Biggleswade which is famous for giving us the laughing policeman, Soham is burned into the memory of many for the despicable acts of Ian Huntley there just over 16 years ago. Good luck to them on Saturday as they travel to FC Romania (will they need passports?). All of MM will be behind you

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast