+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Never seen a manager get so much stick as Malcolm Allison did that night in his big hat & even bigger cigar.
    I was there that night great evening. One of their players was sent off for deliberately booting the ball into the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Millersmad's Dover Athletic drawn away at Bury. I suspect that the curse of Millersmad may continue, CAM! I hope that you realise that it could be passed on to the Millers yet
    As far as the FA cup goes I think we are already cursed so if it happens maybe it will act as an anti-curse?

Always had a soft spot for Bury,been many times with my dad when I was just a nipper.always a 3-15 ko & you got the results sheet when you came out.Dont think my dad ever paid for me to go in till I was about 12,it was either under are over the turnstiles so it did not click.Remember Alan Kirkman going over the wall it must have been a 5ft drop in those days.He just got up & just played on,

Come on you Whites! The players of Dover Athletic will hear those chants ringing out as they take on Bury tomorrow in the FA Cup 1st Round proper. Unfortunately they probably don't realise that they will be struck down by the curse of the MM Road To Wembley thread.

Our old friend Andy Hessenthaler is in charge of affairs for the Kent outfit in his 2nd spell in charge there and his is the only name I recognise with respect to their current line up.

Will the Southern softies be able to cope with the black pudding munchers of Bury? Lord Byron is one of Dover's more famous sons as is that well loved tory Jeffrey Archer (born 1940), MP, novelist and convicted felon, a description given to him by Wikipedia not by me .

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

... that well loved tory Jeffrey Archer (born 1940), MP, novelist and convicted felon, a description given to him by Wikipedia not by me .
    Description sounds a bit over-generous, if anything

By the way, anybody know if Da. Ball, Ihiekwe and Bray been given permission to play in the FA Cup tomorrow?

Purrington 25/1 (with Betfair) to score first W'don goal tonight
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-11-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Jeffrey Archer novels are one of my guilty pleasures

Purrington cross/shot almost drifted in under the Haringey crossbar, with a bit of help from the gusty wind! He's not had much defending to do so far though
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-11-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Finished Haringey 0 W'don 1.
    Purrington played the whole game, and was never put under much pressure. He even got into the opposition half a few times, but probably should have got forward some more. W'don team included Anthony Wordsworth and the once promising ex-Charlton youth team player, Scott Wagstaff, but not much there that impressed really. Haringey keeper had a decent game. W'don progress to Round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Rawmarsh Welfare reached the 1st round proper in 1952, eventually losing at home to Buxton 1-4, does anybody know of any other local teams(non-league) who have equaled or bettered that.?
    My now home town team Worksop drew 0-0 against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane, I don't think the Miilers have ever matched that.

OK it was 1923 and Tottenham won the replay 9 - 0

Well the curse well and truly struck Dover with a 5-0 thumping. Let's see who are going to knock Bury out when the draw for Round 2 is made

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast