+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

FA Cup

Big day tomorrow in the FA Cup preliminary round, not just for the local teams at Parkgate and Maltby but for some great named outfits like Leicester Nirvana as they aspire to reaching the 3rd round proper and a tie against the big boys like Rotherham United

Trouble could be afoot for the Bedfordshire plod as both Biggleswade and Biggleswade United are at home with 3pm kick offs

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Big day tomorrow in the FA Cup preliminary round, not just for the local teams at Parkgate and Maltby but for some great named outfits like Leicester Nirvana as they aspire to reaching the 3rd round proper and a tie against the big boys like Rotherham United

Trouble could be afoot for the Bedfordshire plod as both Biggleswade and Biggleswade United are at home with 3pm kick offs
    At least we'll get through to the 3rd round !

Biggleswade are playing Northampton Old Northamptonian Chenecks! (Who?)
    Give us an "N", give us an "O"...
    Got to be the longest FA Cup team name?
    Good luck to Parkgate and Maltby
    Last edited by mikemiller; 10-08-2018 at 07:35 PM.

They have been going for ages as I remember them from living and playing down there in the early 80s Never did work out what a Cheneck was.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 10-08-2018 at 07:30 PM.

They have been going for ages as I remember them from living and playing down there in the early 80s Never did work out what a Cheneck was.
    Something to do with house names at the grammar school.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Something to do with house names at the grammar school.
    That's quite true, naked. Are you an old boy of Northampton Grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    No reason why you would be, of course. A fine school though. I remember old Edwards the headmaster, Pettigrew, Whittaker and Smallpiece. Had some great times in the company of Bob Cherry, Harry Wharton, Horace Coker and Vernon-Smith. Happy days indeed.

Both Maltby and Parkgate made it through. Unfortunately the ON Chenecks bowed out so I think we'll make their conquerors Biggleswade our MM team to watch on the Road to Wembley. Let's see where that takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    No I went to a comp in deedah land.

Hated every minute of it.

Both Maltby and Parkgate made it through. Unfortunately the ON Chenecks bowed out so I think we'll make their conquerors Biggleswade our MM team to watch on the Road to Wembley. Let's see where that takes us.
    Kimberley Miners Welfare are through - I thought they were based in South Africa. Chance of a Biggleswade derby in the next round draw too. Well done Parkgate and Maltby!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast