+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

it may help

Will the Baby-faced Assassin be able to complete the ELEVENTH stage of the "Curse of Millersmad"?
    Winnable tie for Donny, by the way (although it wouldn't be for us playing 4-5-1, sitting deep, yawn, etc)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-01-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    the so called great team Brentford cheating to Barnet, hope the cheating **** gets a ban
    Finished 3-3 so a reply

So we arrive at the 5th Round, a place The Millers have only ever experienced twice and the last time over 50 years ago so it was pretty much nailed on when we started this journey that they wouldn't be around at this point. As has been mentioned on many occasions, the 'romance' of the competition was lost many years ago and will not be helped by this weekend's 8 games being spread over 4 days with 7 different starting times. Our Road to Wembley has to await the very last of these games to see if the 'curse' can continue and Chelsea become our 11th winner from the previous round to bow out as they entertain Man Utd.

I suppose there is still some romance as Newport play hosts to Man City who if they are to continue with their cup winning pattern against lower league opposition should by my calculation win this one 13-0. I'm sure even Pep will show some mercy, won't he?

This was a real 'bogey' round for us in the 80s Cam, we got to it and lost in it quite a few times, if I can remember.
    But I still dont think teams take it seriously enough, until they win this fixture of course, and then they are in the 6th Round/the Qtr Finals!.

What do we all think as neutrals here, or even care actually, about Donny's chance of an upset this weekend against C.Palace ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This was a real 'bogey' round for us in the 80s Cam, we got to it and lost in it quite a few times, if I can remember.
    But I still dont think teams take it seriously enough, until they win this fixture of course, and then they are in the 6th Round/the Qtr Finals!.

What do we all think as neutrals here, or even care actually, about Donny's chance of an upset this weekend against C.Palace ?.
    Wouldn't know about that Acido as although it's not official, there is a general consensus on here that RUFC must have the worst FA Cup record of any of the teams who have retained league status as long as we have.

As for Donny, I'll be cheering for all the underdogs this weekend and every round as nothing could be more insipid than a Man U/Chelsea v Man City final (not that I'll get to see it as the US have dropped broadcast coverage of the competition this year unless you subscribe to one of the Mexican channels).
    Last edited by CAMiller; 15-02-2019 at 10:38 PM.

I hope the Donny pikey's will find enough parking spaces for their caravans, if they have to go away to C.Palace in the replay.

The FA cup and what it means, and everything it used to mean etc.. its really lost its appeal for me now, and I never thought Id say that about it to be honest as a footy fan.

"The Curse" is winning two-nil!

Ft 0-2 xd
    Name:  dusty11.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  76.9 KB

DRAW

Swansea v Man City
    Watford v Crystal Palace
    Wolves v Man Utd
    Millwall v Brighton

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast