+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Baker's Dozen

A Baker's Dozen

Byram is No 13.
    Doubt we'll take Dowell.
    Which would be a good signing still.
    Still think we should get another striker in on loan.
    But overall, the squad's complete. Now up to Aitor to make it tick starting against Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Byram is No 13.
    Doubt we'll take Dowell.
    Which would be a good signing still.
    Still think we should get another striker in on loan.
    But overall, the squad's complete. Now up to Aitor to make it tick starting against Reading.
    Really pleased with that one Romanis.
    Dawikwa looks good going forward, but defensively, he's a liability.

AK doesn't mention striker, but wants another mid fielder? Strange to me that one.
    Though he did tell Blackburn to go **** themselves, with their derisory £5M offer for Brereton. Stenson called him second rate make weight for Vydra.
    He's 19 and as we've found out to our cost. We let these youngsters go to early and too cheaply.
    I think Brereton either has a part to play, or goes out on loan for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Really pleased with that one Romanis.
    Dawikwa looks good going forward, but defensively, he's a liability.

AK doesn't mention striker, but wants another mid fielder? Strange to me that one.
    Though he did tell Blackburn to go **** themselves, with their derisory £5M offer for Brereton. Stenson called him second rate make weight for Vydra.
    He's 19 and as we've found out to our cost. We let these youngsters go to early and too cheaply.
    I think Brereton either has a part to play, or goes out on loan for a while.
    I'm a bit puzzled by some of the transfers out, Aitor allowed. Mancienne can't be that all bad. I mean of the 3 sold, Lichaj, Manny and Hobbs, should we have sold the lot? Or let Traore go. How did he do at Cardiff?

Then there's Clough, MW obviously misused him, frankly I could never tell why he asked the lad to dive into a game especially in the 1st half and only to be forced to take him off in the 2nd, with zero energy left. But he gave it his best, the lad. Plus he's young and did impress at Bolton before joining us (perhaps a lesson for Derby, who signed Marriott).
    I gather Aitor wanted to release or sell him, but fortunately he's been retained. But whether he'll get game time remains to be seen, but I think given time and chance, he can once again show his talent.
    Although not by him, I was also puzzled then when we let Paterson go. We seem to sell reasonably good players, who get the job done in their new clubs.

Actually 5m for Ben isn't a bad offer, given his youth and inexperience. However, we should not sell him, because a) we still lack fire power upfront and b) he'll be worth more, if he seizes his chance.
    As you rightly point out, but we have little power to prevent, if players really want to go, like Bamford. But we did okay with the sales of Britt and Burke. I wonder if Burke is anyway close to what we let him go for, today. We didn't even see him on Tuesday night. maybe a loan for him?

Finally on a personal note:

I have Lymphatic cancer and they are going to slice me, from behind my left ear to my shoulder top.

All the best for your op. How long will you be bed-ridden? When is it? I gather you'll get a long 'holiday.' So I think, you'll be able to post considerably during that period. How serious is your illness? Is it in remission or was it until this op? Or is the op part of the recovery? What do you rate your chances overall of kicking this illness.
    I remember the time you first told me you had the dreaded disease. My brother contracted it just a few months after you. Although he responded well initially, it eventually got him. Therefore I certainly wish that you will succeed. You've kept it at bay just over 2 years I believe, I think you can continue down this path.

All the best for your op. How long will you be bed-ridden? When is it? I gather you'll get a long 'holiday.' So I think, you'll be able to post considerably during that period. How serious is your illness? Is it in remission or was it until this op? Or is the op part of the recovery? What do you rate your chances overall of kicking this illness.
    I remember the time you first told me you had the dreaded disease. My brother contracted it just a few months after you. Although he responded well initially, it eventually got him. Therefore I certainly wish that you will succeed. You've kept it at bay just over 2 years I believe, I think you can continue down this path.

Cheers romans.

The op is a 5 hour job I am told. They slit me and peel me like a banana, to remove all the lymph nodes.
    Only be in hospital 3 or 4 days, but will be laid up solid for two months apparently.
    Then they decide if chemo is needed. (not funny that)
    It has come from the melonama on my head, that needed 4 ops to remove. My GP ****ed up big time with his failure to diagnose for two years. Basie scoffed me for pursuing a law suit with this. I'd like to ram those words down his gob.
    I have been CT scanned top to bottom. This is the only tumor they have found, so are optimistic.
    Anyway I can't snuff it. I always said I wanted to see England win a world cup before I give up. I reckon I've got 80 odd years yet then, lol

PS, be quiet on here tonight.
    The promotion party is on hold in Derbyshire.

Cheers romans.

The op is a 5 hour job I am told. They slit me and peel me like a banana, to remove all the lymph nodes.
    Only be in hospital 3 or 4 days, but will be laid up solid for two months apparently.
    Then they decide if chemo is needed. (not funny that)
    It has come from the melonama on my head, that needed 4 ops to remove. My GP ****ed up big time with his failure to diagnose for two years. Basie scoffed me for pursuing a law suit with this. I'd like to ram those words down his gob.
    I have been CT scanned top to bottom. This is the only tumor they have found, so are optimistic.
    Anyway I can't snuff it. I always said I wanted to see England win a world cup before I give up. I reckon I've got 80 odd years yet then, lol
    Yeah chemo is really 1 screwed up feeling for days after each session. Everyone whom I know had it done all say the same thing. But yeah, a necessary evil to combat the disease. And fotta watch everything you eat as well.
    And yeah, that's a bloody good reason to live for! Absolutely.
    Myself too cannot afford to leave this world yet. I've got to be around at least another 20 years, Got see all the kids through school or whatever and then make sure they're stable and married off. Being the breadwinner is 1 helluva job!. I should have followed Basie and turned gay!!
    Anyway here's to a great season for us and help you take your mind off it!

PS, be quiet on here tonight.
    The promotion party is on hold in Derbyshire.

I keep telling everyone Leeds, if Bielsa really gets them to play to his methods will be a force to reckon. And the early analysis seems to show just that. 2 victories against 2 sides expected to be up there is really a warning to everyone else.
    The only consolation is that they did the same thing last season, played a blinder at the beginning only to fade away. Let's hope there's a repeat of that this term.